New stuff available!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Davis

Reaction score
This has taken me forever, but in between orders i have been playing with a few knives. Have had a bunch of crazy stuff going on in my life and am ready to get back to it!! I am almost caught up on all of my orders(If you have knives on order, I will have them hopefully all done by the end of next week!), and get to play! So here is what everyone reading this wants to see!
First, a 1,137,168 layer billet from the guys at HHH.
P1040153.jpg

P1040160.jpg

P1040157.jpg

P1040158.jpg

Specs are as follow.
270 Gyuto(263 on edge) 1,137,168 layers of 1095,1080 and 15n20 at a 61rc. 51mm tall at the heel.
Spine thickness is 3.2mm tapering to a very fine point.
Handle is Desert ironwood burl, black spacer and musk ox ferrule. Dimensions are 152mm long, front: 19/23mm butt: 26/29mm
Weight is 285 grams
Price is $1300 plus shipping

Next up is a 240 Sujihiki(236mm on edge) One off pattern of O-1/L6 steel at a 62rc. 36mm tall at the heel
Spine thickness is 2.3mm tapering to a very fine point. Tip is very thin.
Handle is Mark's super high grade koa with a ferrule of hippo ivory Dimensions are 139mm long, Front:18/23mm, Rear 21/25mm
Weight is 168 grams.
Price is $1100 plus shipping.
P1040162.jpg

P1040132-1.jpg

P1040134.jpg

P1040133-1.jpg

Next up is a 165 deba(168mm on edge) in 52100 at 61rc. 49mm tall at the heel
Spine thickness is 4.8mm
Handle is Macassar ebony,mammoth ivory spacer and a spalted maple burl ferrule
Handle dimensions are 136mm long, 19/23mm front and23/26mm rear.
Weight is 289 grams.
This was a test knife for me, and i really like it. I would have no hesitation to whack some big stuff with this!! It has a full urasuki grind and a very small micro bevel. The grain from the ivory is very visible and the ebony has a great chatoyance.
Price is $450 plus shipping
P1040112.jpg

P1040114.jpg

P1040118.jpg

P1040117.jpg

Thanks for looking and happy holidays!!!

Mike

Great work Mike. I wish I had the $$$$ for one or preferably all of them.

Thanks guys, will get choil shots later today, and replace that first gyuto pic, didnt realize how bad it was.

Thanks guys! Pretty happy with how these have been turning out :) I have a bunch that will be being posted as i get them finished, also might have an extra handle or two also...

Son, where did you get you hippo ivory? :D Just kidding.

In honor of the christmas holiday, i will drop the price of they gyuto down to $1150 and the suji down to $1000. I will be making sayas for them tonight i think and will have them ready to rock!!!

There is a wip on hhh's thread. I would link but I think there is a rule about linking to other vender's threads.

In honor of the christmas holiday, i will drop the price of they gyuto down to $1150 and the suji down to $1000. I will be making sayas for them tonight i think and will have them ready to rock!!!

Mike, do you make the matching saya for gyuto & suji? any pictures??

Not finished yet, and i matched them as best as i could. Will hopefully have pictures up today :)

Nothing? I suppose if i do not sell them, i finally get to keep a knife for myself :) Here is the last of what i will do on these. Gyuto will now be $1000 and i will drop the suji down to $900, both will come with sayas with ivory pins.

Oh my God!!!! That gyuto is too awesome!!! AAARRRGGHHH!!!! such a great deal too!!!!
Mike, would you consider a trade for a geriatric and overly-flatulent English bulldog?
Somebody please buy these!!!!!

Gyuto heel shot. Not a thin laser but has a good convex and cuts nice!
P1040174.jpg

Suji is pretty thin and also cuts pretty well.
P1040173.jpg

Should have added these a while ago, i apologize.

If only I had a grand I would have bought it by now. Just remember the one "with hamon" and how it went on a pass a round, then every one was in love. I have no idea why this is still here? And why lefty hasn't bought it yet. ;)

Ok folks, in the hospital, hoping to have a baby by the end of the day. Will lower both the gyuto and suji down to $800 and the deba down to $375. Wish me luck!!!

I can tell that you've been studying & using Japanese knives, you're knives look great Mike. Good luck with sale & baby having!!! :doublethumbsup:

Good luck both with the sale and more importantly on the birth of a happy baby!

Ok. Who has the # for selling a kidney? Gratz on the birth.

(grumble.... grumble.... grumble)

Thanks guys!! All we are hoping for is a healthy, happy baby. Thanks Dave, means alot :D

Back