Quantcast
Understanding Limits
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Understanding Limits

Sponsors

Understanding Limits

I started to use Japanese Natural stones and rare knives because i wanted to know much more about them and wanted to share my knowlige.
    Starting of JNS website was mostly dived by sharing knowlige about Natural stones and make them more available for reasonable prises to us western costumers

But now with many bad events i started to doubt how much i really want to share
    I can see now how Dave struggled about it in old forum. You really want to be very open and share all info with people just to get take advantage of by other sellers or some that want to become a seller !

They try to take all the hard work you have done, for research, try 1000 of different solutions and spend 100 000th. off bucks.

And sell all much cheaper by using my experience without using they own knowlige at all !! It is just example

Also i get many questions from some of my costumers that i can not just answer anymore, like: where do you buy your stones ?? Where can i buy them in Japan when i go there ? where can i buy Shigefusa, is this stone
    from other seller good or bad, and many many more ...... I get them every day and now it seems like i have to be more and more careful of what i am saying.

Very sad and very bad for our community. Now i undestand how some people take money to log in to they website. I see also it is not only me that is more careful but many other Vendors on this forum and i now undestand them 100 %

So please from now on unfortunately Understanding my Limits and what i want to share

Also please make your comment here if you have some good ideas or advise !!

thx you for this message, im one of those pesky ))

There are those who need to share, and there are others..
    Its logical and indeed correct

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...l_rCu28#t=198s

sps

Seems fair enough to me, a lot of things to do with knives are pretty secretive

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I have noticed in the past some stuff that I would assume would be prietary had been shared. Also if someone would ask me were they can get stones while in Japan, would make me irate. That is like me asking Devin Thomas what his ht cycle is. He is a very nice guy, and I am sure would steer you in a certain direction. But that is a big NO NO.

I myself like what you have to offer here and hope you do so. I know I haven't bought anything from you but I keep looking and reading and know when I do get to that spot I know were I am going, and I know I am not the only one that thinks that way. It only takes a few to steel your business so you have to do what you have to.
    Chewie's the man.

IMO general information shared for everyone is good, specifics should not be shared, there is such thing as secrets of the trade.

Makes perfect sense to me, I have been struggling with that a lot for a while, especially in the first few years. I am all for helping out, but I also understand all about spending a lot of time and money on trial and error and people saving all this by getting the information. At that time it was only the hobby for me and I just wanted to break even (which may actually happen for the first time this year, yay!), but if this is a major part of your livelihood and your income, it becomes even more problematic. Setting limits makes perfect sense and is very legitimate IMHO. Now, making handles is not rocket science, but some tricks and shortcuts, infos about sources or pricing, and years of experience can be valuable and worth protecting for anyone who is making anything here a business, be it knives, handles, or stones.

Stefan

I can't blame you one bit.

This is actually a bit new for me in the knifey world. I come from the ABS side where people share to a degree that some might consider to be a fault. Some would argue that the ABS has, in fact, succeeded in its sole mission of preserving the art of the forged blade. Others might argue that is has succeeded too well as we now have too many knife makers.

Business is business and you gotta do what you gotta do. I totally respect your decisions Maxim. Keep up the good work!
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

I don't blame you in the slightest.

+ Reply to Thread