Quantcast
Understanding Limits - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Understanding Limits

Engorged Member
    There's a reason they call it "Secret Sauce"
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

So i will bump this one up as many have wondered why i have done this and i have now perfect example why !

I cary many super rare items in my store and many of them is super hard to get even in Japan, so i really work hard to get them and do a lot of research, you cant imagine how much time i spend every day on computer, skype, phone etc. just to search for many of my things.

Recently some vendors got bit envy because i can get thigs faster then them and things that they can not get. And contacted supplier(s) and said they will not deal with them if they continue to sell to me
    So now even some of my products i have to keep secret

Of coarse because i am small vendor and i do not buy things by hundreds i can see why supply will lesson to them. And it will hurt supplier if they choose me rather then them.

Again no names or what products, just want to share among friends what sometimes happens and why we small businesses have to keep most of things tight

perfectly reasonable IMHO

yup... couldnt agree more and often find myself in the same boat

I've noticed your recent visits to Japan on your sites and blogs and so also wonder if you both - JNS and JKI - do well because you also try hard to form and maintain good relationships with the makers? I don' t know if this affects your supply, but it should make you more favored by the makers which is a good thing.

Let us know if we can help.

Respectfully,
    KKF Political Action Committee
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

Not the least unexpected.

I want to add that I have arrived at a similar conclusion a long time ago. Some things take a long time to arrive/discover/develop at, but often are very easy to copy. Sometimes it's a bad copy, but to a consumer it might not be evident. An example is a steel - a maker can use the same steel but with a mediocre heat treatment, yet for a new buyer, it might look like an attractive (less expensive) option over a maker who excels at heat treating that steel. So, it's better that some things stay unnamed (steels, stones, or whatever) and are judged solely by their qualities.

M

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I think we have huge help from this forum and all members here !

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Let us know if we can help.

Respectfully,
    KKF Political Action Committee

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    yup... couldnt agree more and often find myself in the same boat
    Sounds pretty familiar for me, as well.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

If it means you guys need to share less in order to stay afloat, I'm sure a lot of members here would agree that it's more than worth it.

+ Reply to Thread