Quantcast
Gorgeous cutting board...but who makes it? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gorgeous cutting board...but who makes it?

Funny you should mention ash. My boardmaker likes it for boards, while a lot of people think it's too hard. I looked it up and there are so many types of ash and varying hardnesses, I once again trust the experts.
    Hard ash is bad, but "soft" ash hits around 1300 on many janka scales I've seen (sorry pesky ), so I'd think it would be a great material.
    My wife is the same as yours, Drinky. I have this tiny little edge grain cherry board that she uses almost exclusively. I have to be honest, I often use it if I'm making a salad or sandwich and have only a few small items to prep. A small (thinner) endgrain might be in the cards a bit down the road for these such instances.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Yeah, with the ash board I just had to take a chance. I asked the guy which type of ash it was and he didn't know exactly, but it doesn't strike me as very hard compared to other boards I have. I also checked which glue he used to make it. I always do this with the hobbyist board makers to make sure the glue is not hard on my knives and is also food safe. In the end, I think it is a pretty nice looking little board and only cost $30.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Damn! Where'd you get it?
    By the way, your name and avatar make me laugh every time I see them...I hope that was part of the goal! Ha
    09/06

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Damn! Where'd you get it?
    By the way, your name and avatar make me laugh every time I see them...I hope that was part of the goal! Ha
    I got the board on etsy, but can't remember the seller off hand.

And as for the profile image, it is actually of Eugene Hutz the lead singer for Gogol Bordello. I only wish I looked that crazy.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Whoa! Etsy is a cool crap cornucopia!
    09/06

Heck yes it is!

My wife sells hair accessories on etsy!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/simplymae

It's a great site to find a gift that you can tell your lady is one of a kind.

+ Reply to Thread