Quantcast
Gesshin Ittetsu 27cm - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gesshin Ittetsu 27cm

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    I got it fri last week. Have yet to sharpen it, pretty dull. am loving the feel so far. will report back on how the stones turn out.
    It wasnt my intention to press you down to send the knife further. Its not about the time. But it would be nice with a short msg in the thread about whats going on

Eaglerock we can fix that.
    1. Norway is not in EU.
    2. I can send it to someone else in UK first so you will get the knife little later but cheaper.

If you will send it to the Uk first then that would work well.

I can call Monday to ask about Norway and the Eu thing.

Thank you

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    U didn't rush me. I just realized how long I had it. Been moving and othrr stuff.
    Chewie's the man.

Was just reading this thread to see where I am on the list, didn't even think about the mailing to Finland thing. If it is going to the UK first, just let me know where to send it
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Sent this off to Miles today. I was looking at my handles and noticing that they were needing some oil. I used some board butter on the saya and the handle. I also cleaned up some of the stuff on the blade with my jade finger stone. I didn't have as much time as I would have liked, it needs some buffing for a finish. will post pics, and some final thoughts in a comparison with Gesshin Heiji, like I said in my first post on this thread.
    Chewie's the man.

I'll keep an eye open for it!

Just received it. Arrived in good shape. It had a nice edge on it, but I wanted to be able to start with it from a known point so I could get a good feel for the retention. I gave it a quick touch up on a finish stone and fixed the chipped tip. It's ready to go. Am going to swap it out for the HD in my kit for the next few days and put it through the paces at work. Initial impressions are that it's much lighter than I had anticipated, but it does have a solid feel. It doesn't feel like a knife that will have to be babied. The profile is appreciably thin behind the edge but not runway model thin. The machi is substantial. It's not fancy or flashy looking, but it definitely has a very business like vibe to it. I'm looking forward to testing it out.

I'm looking forward to trying it. Did I send you my addy? Can't remember
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

I got it, Joe. I'll give you a heads up when I'm ready to ship it out.

First impressions after spending the day with it: It's got a bit of flex which surprised me a bit. I didn't notice it when I sharpened the blade. The edge hung in there very nicely which is saying something since I have to work on poly boards at work. The blade fell through everything I had on my board today. Very efficient feel to it. We were doing an Asian class so lots of veg prep. It just blew through that like it wasn't even there. It has that wonderful quality that some blades have where the knife just does the work almost as the thought initiates it. I like that. A lot. Did very nicely on beef and chicken, as well. I really enjoyed it. The sides are a bit reactive. Not as bad as some, but definitely more than others. Jon definitely has a winner here.

I didn't want to take any more steel off on the tip, is why it was like that.
    Chewie's the man.