Gesshin Ittetsu 27cm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bieniek

Banned
Reaction score
Knife from this thread is offered for passaround.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/7939-Gesshin-Ittetsu-27cm?highlight=

Europe first, then world-tournee is fine.

10 participants x 10 days max.

Wait for next few days and then I should choose [if theres enough interest]
When passaround is rolling participants contact eachother for details, not me.

I dont care how you send it [you might as well just throw it], but you take the responsibility for it to get delivered to the next person safe and sound.

Sharpening and abusing within reason are allowed and suggested.

Patina of whatever kind OK.

Preferably pros or at least busy home cook. I dont want to hear in review "In a week i just did few onions and a potato to check and it cuts OK".

Reviews needed, and please keep it smooth.

Knife will be delivered with the edge Ive put on it few months ago. Used a little.
Most interested would be in Jons response or someones who seen new Ittetsu.

:spiteful:

I was in the Gesshin Heiji pass around. Would love to try this one out to see if there is a difference (noticible).

I'll pass but this is an interesting idea. I had a conversation recently about whether or not a Shig, Heiji, etc. that's been around the block a few times should really be considered a Shig or a Heiji. At some point, a knife's performance is really more a reflection of the owner's skill and preferences than the knifemaker's idea of great knife.

I'm interested. i'll be using it at work everyday so you will get a real review :)

I'm interested, so count me in if you'll have me. I was actually thinking about this one as on my possible futures list.

are you sending it to me too in the passaround? ;)

If you want to, sure. Why not? You already have too many beautiful items around you :whistling: but you are the one who could evaluate for me as you have the comparison with a new blade.
That would be valuable feedback.

If we dont reach 10 brave me up till 24th then It will get sent too all those who applied.
First off to Finland.

I have 6 folks on.

I would like to try it but knowing which will be my working situation in the next few months I'll won't have the time to try it in the right way (busy home cook). I want just to thank's Bieniek for the opportunity he is giving to the European customer.

No worries. ;)

OK then, I will be sending this out even maybe tomorrow.
First off to Finland, Please Eaglorock PM me with details.

Just for the information, this knife is also going to BST. This doesnt change anything in our arrangements made about PA.

This will ship out on monday.

If theres anyone else who would like to join, welcome.

There is also Miles who joins us.

So there is

1. Eaglerock
2. brainsausage
3. Crothcipt
4. Miles
5. Jmadams

OK there were some minor changes to the line

1. Evert67
2. brainsausage
3. Crothcipt
4. Miles
5. Jmadams
6. Eaglerock [Finland]

OK people Josh is ready to send it Crothcipt is going to get the knife next.

Apologies everybody. I've had an interesting last couple of weeks and the Ino fell by the wayside in terms of my focus. I just contacted Crothcipt, and I'll post the Ino as soon as hear back from him. Again apologies, this is my first time back on the forum in close to two weeks- feels weird being away that long! I'll throw up a review sooner than later as well.

Cheers,

-Josh

Good to hear from you again.

Funny thing I sent private msg to Crothcipt and there was no answer...
Guess youve had little longer week to play with the knife :bliss:

Is there any edge left?:tease: ;)

That's actually why I contacted Shane, to see if he wanted to me to put an edge back on her(its not completely gone, just not nearly as bad ass as the one it came with), or if he'd rather spend some time with it on the stones with the knife to get a feel for the steel. He chose the latter, so I'll be shipping it out this afternoon, regretfully, I might add.

I got your pm, and sent off my addy. Not much time at that time for much else. Have been trying to spend more time here, but nothing more than a hr. a day is about all there is.

Looking forward to taking this baby out.

Im starting to get a little pissed off!

:spankarse:
Weeks are flying and where are the reviews??
:nono:

I got it fri last week. Have yet to sharpen it, pretty dull. am loving the feel so far. will report back on how the stones turn out.

Ok after posting I realized that I have been being lazy. Just got done doing some sharpening, and this one come out nice. The tip had a chip in it that I didn't want to take down any more further. After word I chopped up a shallot just to see how the tip is. I am liking it. Was a dream on the stones, and even fun to use. I plan on sending it out on fri. Will post pics. tomorrow night.

I went to send this on, but haven't received Miles' addy.

Unfortunately i have to skip testing the knife. I didn't think that when i receive the knife from the USA ill have to pay the 24% tax and that is going to be expensive :(

Yes if the knife will be damaged then it is a problem and i don't want that to happen.

When i called them yesterday, they said if i receive the knife from the USA then pay the tax. i can get a refund if i send it back in 2 weeks.

But if it stays in the EU then i'll not get a refund.

Latest posts

Back