Japanese Knives in the works

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
Some new knives... almost done... sorry for the small pics

222693_10150169696798860_369479678859_6830132_4782090_n.jpg

225957_10150169697098860_369479678859_6830134_484340_n.jpg

lol... this is a sneak peak... i cant just go and tell you everything, otherwise it wouldnt be a sneak peak... but if any of you can read japanese, you will note that is says blue #1 honyaki on the knives ;)

And here I thought I might actually put my income tax refund into savings this year :)

Sweet, I've never seen honyaki paring knives before :)

these guys arent made by Heiji, but heiji is doing better and is starting to make knives again ;)

:wink:Are those Heiji? or is it part of the surprise!

You already answered that one!

How are you guys more excited about heiji than the badass honyaki wa gyutos here?

No worries, there are some of us who are keenly awaiting news on the honyaki gyutos ;)

Wow, blue #1 honyaki that's rare items!! Will there be a killer hamon on these blades? Can't wait for more info on these...

Notice the white stripe reflection on the blades. (Clue to the grind) These look to be bad a$$ indeed.

Yup, they got some of that convexity you like, Salty! Interested to see what price point this fall at. Looks like a good knife. BTW, I'm really beginning to agree with you, a good convex grind, while "thicker" than a flat grind, performs much thinner than it actually is and better IMO than the flat ground knives.

:drool:
lol... this is a sneak peak... i cant just go and tell you everything, otherwise it wouldnt be a sneak peak... but if any of you can read japanese, you will note that is says blue #1 honyaki on the knives ;)

:drool:

subscribed - can't wait to find out more!!!

seems like they are just finishing up the handles and sayas for these now... shipping very soon ;)

Prayer for tonight: Please let them be within my budget :p

Prayer for tonight: Please let them be within my budget :p

Ditto, I'm still looking for my birthday present and I really want to get something special! Now if only I can sell this high end cd player I have to increase my budget lol.

Ditto, I'm still looking for my birthday present and I really want to get something special! Now if only I can sell this high end cd player I have to increase my budget lol.

sorry guys, i wont know the prices until i get the bill for them. I have a rough idea, but i'll know for sure pretty soon.

Now I know why they keep saying live for the moment... the way the vendors make me want to spend money I can't afford to live in the future.

I see only 2 big uns and 2 lil uns. Salty will speak for one big un, 2 will go to mysterious strangers, leaving just one for us all to drool over.

Let me see if I can stretch my mortgage beyond 35 years...

Back