Typical Turn Around Time and Customer Service

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loc4me

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I relatively new here as this is my first post however I have enjoyed reading the forum for quite some time.

I'm posting as I am attempting to get a feel for the typical turn around time for cutting boards ordered from The BoardSmith. I placed an order with David at the beginning of September for 2 maple boards with a walnut boarder. At that time David said they were not in-stock so it would take several weeks to manufacture. I know he's a busy guy and runs a one man show so I can understand things that are not in-stock can take some time to produce, but I has been 3 months now and I still do not have an accurate ETA for them.

Anyone have any feedback on how long it took to manufacture your board(s) if it was not in-stock?

Another concern I have is his lack of communication. I'm not sure if this is some disconnect and he is not getting my emails and messages or if this is business as usual? I have left several messages on both his shop phone and cell phone as well as sent plenty of emails. Last response I got from him was, Nov 17, the week before Thanksgiving, saying the boards were together but it was doubtful they would arrive before Thanksgiving. I have followed up and yet to hear back from him and the boards have not arrived. That will be a month tomorrow.

I'd like to hope there is some disconnect as from the research i did before I placed the order, nearly everyone was very pleased with the final product and David's customer service. I prefer and enjoy supporting small local business but I'm a little concerned my boards will never manifest.

-Mark Miller

Mark--

I can't speak to all situations, but I'd be willing to bet that there was some kind of technical snag in communications between your phone/email and his. David has been extremely prompt and communicative in my two dealings with him, and updated me frequently during my first order on the progress of my board since what I'd ordered was out of stock.

I get your frustration, but I'll vouch for the product being worth it and for David being a good guy to do business with. There's probably a glitch to blame for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back