Cut Fish With Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phasedweasel

Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm just sharing this because I'm excited: this was my first time using a deba to break down a whole fish.

Speckled trout:
DSC_0027-001.JPG

Deba hocho:
DSC_0029-001.JPG

Victory!
DSC_0032-001.JPG

you lefties are a weird bunch

It's definitely a hassle when it comes to single bevel. That's my only single bevel knife so far, a simple "Hon Kasumi" brand deba from EE. Makes it difficult to snap up good deals on the forum as well :/

My wife was taking pics and she wasn't interested in the actual cutting. Also, while I did get the two fillets off intact, it wasn't a particularly smooth operation.

you lefties are a weird bunch
+1, just as a general comment. In my working life, I'm surrounded by you crazies!!!!
Is that a Vermonters for Howard Brown t-shirt you're wearing?

+1, just as a general comment. In my working life, I'm surrounded by you crazies!!!!
Is that a Vermonters for Howard Brown t-shirt you're wearing?

Yes, they are strange...but I thought it was Howard Dean.

It is a Dean shirt. You may brand me a Dirty ******* Hippie (DFH for short) now if you wish.

Always happy to see more evil liberals!

You don't look dirty...

I was curious about about how a Vermont T shirt and a spec got in the same picture:scratchhead:

Sorry. spec = speckled trout - local term. They are usually fished for in gulf coast states. Most delicious.

Ah - I'm in North Carolina now, been here about eight years. We fell in love with the area and bought a house.

Latest posts

Back