• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Some mostly well used knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdipisReks

Founding Member
Reaction score
For offer are some pretty well used knives that i'm just not using, and I'd really like to get a 240 Heiji to go with my 270 (read this as my wife will get very mad if I don't clear out some knives). i would be happy to post pictures this evening.

Number one is a Kochi 240mm V2 kurouchi gyuto. this knife has been worked hard, and is about 48-49mm on the heel now, but still has lots of life in it (to me it's like a Masamoto KS now, in profile). It's very thin behind the edge, with a good tip (I'll probably thin the tip out a bit more before mailing it out). The handle has been customized (the burn has been sanded off the chestnut wood), and it comes with a homemade leather sheath that I made. I wouldn't sell it, as it cuts very nicely, but with two Takedas, a Gengetsu, a Shig, the Singatirin Honyaki and the 270 Heiji, it just doesn't get much love these days. $200 shipped.

Number 2 is a Hattoi FH 240. This was the first good knife I ever bought. Never thought I would sell it, due to sentimental reasons, but I've found that I'm not sentimental about knives I don't use. It's in very servicable, but well used, shape. about 45mm tall, now, with lots of life left. Plenty of scratches on the blade, but I've given it a reasonable refinish. It is decently thin behind the edge and has a decent tip. I think have the original presentation box. This is far and away the best VG-10 knife I've owned. $150 shipped.

Number 3 is a 10 inch K-Sab carbon chef knife. This hasn't had a lot of grind work done other than having a fairly asymmetrical grind applied (I find this helps a lot with the Sabs, both in cutting and edge longevity), and the bolster has been ground back. The blade has been refinished in a utilitarian manner (it was pretty rough) and the original wavy grind has been mostly taken care of. $50 shipped.

Number 4 is a Nogent Sabatier 10 inch chef knife. This knife has seen a lot of use, and the blade has been thinned out a bit, and it's a few mm shorter than it used to be. Like the S-sab, it has an asymmetrical grind, and the bolster has been ground back. The roughly finished blade has been taken to sandpaper, so it no longer has the logo. $50.

Number 5 is a Nogent Sabatier 10 inch slicer. this has been been used, the bolster hasn't even been ground much. This has been run over a stone a couple times, but that's about it, I haven't even fixed the original grind yet. The original finish wasn't rough, so it still has the logo. $50 shipped. i might have the original box, but it's iffy.

All knives ship sharp. Paypal preferred, though we can work something else out.

Since I am selling these to buy a new knife, I probably don't want to sell any unless I sell all (can't let the wife completely win), so let me know if you want one, and I'll reserve your selections for you until things are over.

Thanks for looking!

If Rick miraculously backs out, I'll take the Sab

If Rick miraculously backs out, I'll take the Sab

You could always reserve the slicer. ;)

The shipped prices are CONUS, btw. I'm happy to ship internationally, but increased shipping will have to be taken into account.

I thought about it, but I'm not a Nogent man. I do love the parer, but I'll let someone else have the slicer. :) Great prices, though!

the Kochi is 49mm and the Hattori is 46mm, at the heel, just measured.

here is an album with some pics. the light is terrible in my kitchen (dark and stormy right now, outside), so it was hard to capture the edge in the choil shot of the Kochi, but if you look at the full size image you can see that it's thinner than it looks at first glance.

i tried again, and i was able to get a better Kochi choil shot.

[click to embiggen]

I have realized that I'm being silly, I'll simply sell the things and stick the money in a Heiji 240 fund, no reason to only do it if they all sell, so the two Sabatiers are SPF.

Kochi sold.

Just two left! The slicer is a nice and thin carbon blade that does a great job on roasts, and the FH is a nice, no-nonsense stainless knife that cuts well and takes a really nice edge.

How does the Nogent slicer compare to a suji?

How does the Nogent slicer compare to a suji?

it's not a knife that can be used for general purposes, like many sujis can, it's just a slicer. it's narrow and thin and flexible, and is great for its intended task, but you wouldn't want to use it for anything else.

$125 for the Hattori? the FH series is a really nice workhorse, and this knife cuts better than it did new.

That's one hell of a deal. Dammit....

I know, right? Trying to make some good deals for people here, while also allowing me to get a second Heiji. :)

Back