Quantcast
CCK, Old Hickory & in-laws - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCK, Old Hickory & in-laws

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Quote Originally Posted by keithsaltydog View Post
    Your 1101 is a nice cleaver,it is not suited for bones,but good for cutting just about everything else.Not a super lite 1303 at only 270 grams.

My Bone cleaver is the KF 1621 Carbon,Heavy,gets razor sharp wt. convex edge,used it mostly cutting platters of Ginger Chix for banquets.Now that I'm retired don't use it at all.Probably time to pass it on.
    PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    wow, that's sounds like a bad idea.
    Definitely a bad idea if you pick up one of my knives, but who's to say it's so bad if you never use a knife that is sharp enough to puncture skin?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmadams13 View Post
    I've seen that site, and almost ordered from them, I just get a weird feeling about them (the company) not sure why. I have seen other sites, under different names selling home goods and whatnot, not knives, with the same physical address and phone number. Has anyone had experience with them?
    I've always gotten a weird feeling about ordering from websites in China. Here's another one for you:
    http://www.cookwarekitchenware.com/k...hi-kee-c-15_16
    Same items, same prices, same postal code, different phone number. Both domains are registered to the same person. I found a post to a forum in Australia where someone claimed that they got a CCK from chefsmall.net, and regarding cookwarekitchenware.com I found this:
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store...re_Kitchenware
    Personally, I'd order from either one but I'd also keep an eye on the credit card account for a while after making and receiving my order.

FYI.. I sent an e-mail to chefsmall and confirmed that they accept PayPal. Since PayPal takes the customer's side by default in any dispute, and your CC info never makes it to the vendor, it should be as safe an option as any to place an order.

Anyone ordering from either chefsmall or cookwarekitchenware?

I might after the 1st. Not sure tho. I'm still a little iffy. I've been burned ordering from Chinese web stores before. As anyone actually purchased from them?
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Just ordered my mom the extra small and hard to find stainless CCK1915. I will report back with a hopefully intact credit history.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmadams13 View Post
    I might after the 1st. Not sure tho. I'm still a little iffy. I've been burned ordering from Chinese web stores before. As anyone actually purchased from them?

Quote Originally Posted by statusquo View Post
    Just ordered my mom the extra small and hard to find stainless CCK1915. I will report back with a hopefully intact credit history.
    Please do, I'm very curious about this magical cleaver wonderland...
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by keithsaltydog View Post
    Sure Steph, It is on Maunakea St.Used to be called Maunakea Trading Co. Diff. name now.same store.It is like a Reasturant Supply store Chinese style.Woks,Bamboo Stainers,lots of stuff & a big glass counter case wt. all kinds of cool cleavers.
    I'm not sure if they're still there (at least from last weekend's visit to Chinatown). But there's an open indoor market at N. King St. and Kekaulike St. that had a few cleavers for sale there. I don't recall seeing any CCK models, however.

I know that a certain knife sales site isn't welcome around here, but have you tried the Fanatic by you-know-who? I love the fit and finish of that cleaver, and have no regrets over this purchase.
    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said: "I drank what?"

My cleavers showed up today. The whole experience was good with no issues whatsoever. Stanley, the owner I presume, was very nice and helpful and actually contacted me to try to talk me out of the CCK1915 as he thought it was too small. I ended up going with the 1914 which is a little taller but the same length (mum is older, smaller and has arthritis in hands).

Shipping to Canada was $20 for two cleavers and Stanley indicated on the package that it was a commercial sample, I was pleasantly surprised to not be charged any custom duties. It arrived in under 3 weeks, not bad considering it is coming from China during xmas season. I was given a tracking number via HK Post which is integrated with Canada Post and I was able to continue to track it once it left China.

Lastly, my cc is still intact and available for me to continue to spend on all kinds of stuff that I just MUST HAVE!

Thats good to hear. Am waiting for a 1303 from stanley myself. Peoples iffiness got me a bit worried... I think its just the unfamiliar website layout...

That's awesome you found that site. I bought my 1301 somewhat locally but they don't carry everything from them. It is a cck store. I really like that 340mm butcher knife. Probably useless to me but it would look good on my magnetic rack. I envy you guys using the big 11xx series. My 1301 is enormous and difficult to use and sharpen being so wide. But the way it effortlessly glides through everything.... Ah