Quantcast
Watanabe 255mm kensaki yanagi

Thread: Watanabe 255mm kensaki yanagi

Watanabe 255mm kensaki yanagi

Selling one of my favorite knife.....It's a Watanabe kensaki yanagi 255mm white steel with a custom western handle that has a bolster. The material of the handle is a willow burl that i got from Craig Steven, this kind of wood doesn't come that often and i really like the figure and color on it. Adam Marr did the handle for me. This knife also come with a snug fit saya that i order special from Shinichi himself, you don't need a saya pin because the it fits to the blade perfectly.
    I work as a sushi chef and there's so many times i feel 270mm is a little too long to be used in a cramped sushi bar or to be used at my home. That's the reason why i ordered this size and I love it a lot !!!. The "Urasuki" still has a plenty of life as you can see, I always sharpen the back side of the knife with the high grit whetstone carefully, to me this is a very important part of the single bevel knife. The only downside is that i dyed the saya into black by myself (I'm not so good at doing it, need a buffer to make it extra smooth), and there's my kanji name engraved on the blade. Otherwise this knife is an excellent performer.

$400 CONUS Shipped....

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Dam. Why are you selling? I wouldn't think something like that would ever leave my possession.
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    Dam. Why are you selling? I wouldn't think something like that would ever leave my possession.
    Baby's on the way .....i could use the extra money for her.....

That is a real looker! Good luck with the sale
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono