• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Watanabe 255mm kensaki yanagi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

riverie

Reaction score
Selling one of my favorite knife.....It's a Watanabe kensaki yanagi 255mm white steel with a custom western handle that has a bolster. The material of the handle is a willow burl that i got from Craig Steven, this kind of wood doesn't come that often and i really like the figure and color on it. Adam Marr did the handle for me. This knife also come with a snug fit saya that i order special from Shinichi himself, you don't need a saya pin because the it fits to the blade perfectly.
I work as a sushi chef and there's so many times i feel 270mm is a little too long to be used in a cramped sushi bar or to be used at my home. That's the reason why i ordered this size and I love it a lot !!!. The "Urasuki" still has a plenty of life as you can see, I always sharpen the back side of the knife with the high grit whetstone carefully, to me this is a very important part of the single bevel knife. The only downside is that i dyed the saya into black by myself (I'm not so good at doing it, need a buffer to make it extra smooth), and there's my kanji name engraved on the blade. Otherwise this knife is an excellent performer.
yani4_zps6f85d7e0.jpg

yani3_zpse063be70.jpg

yani2_zpsfc7a017a.jpg

yani1_zpseaef4462.jpg

$400 CONUS Shipped....

Dam. Why are you selling? I wouldn't think something like that would ever leave my possession.

Bump!!! This is still available... Price to move $375 CONUS shipped.

Thanks Matus, She's happy and healthy :). I cleaned up my "treasure box" and just realized that this knife is still in my possession.

Thanks Matus, She's happy and healthy :). I cleaned up my "treasure box" and just realized that this knife is still in my possession.

Glad to hear that. When our little girl was born I sold all my large format camera equipment, so I know what you are talking about :)

8x10 linhof/deardorf? I always wanted to get LF but settle down with hasselblad & rolleiflex since 120 film easy for me to process at home and my beseler 23cii only max out with 6x9cm negative. I'm assuming you're on apug also?...thanks again

No, just 4x5 Tachihara and Toyo125VX plus set of lenses and accessories. I even sold my beloved Mamiya 6 with all 3 lenses and kept only a freshly CLA'd Rolleiflex 2.8E (and got a Olympus EM5II to chase our little girl who just can not sit still). I am also on apug, lff and rff :)

Bump... Price drop to $350 shipped CONUS!!!

Good. I was afraid I'd get too tipsy at some point over the next couple days and stumble on this late at night and buy yet another knife I don't need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back