Am I out of the loupe?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys
I have a little survey for you if you don't mind
First do you use a loupe/ magnification when sharpening?
Second are you satisfied with your sharpening results? ( whether or not you use a loupe)
I have never used one while sharpening, but am starting to think it will improve my results. Thanks for your time

Never used one on knives as you pretty much go after burr formation, but use it often on razors :)

Never used one. Thought about it, but never have. Pretty happy with my sharpening anyways.

I use an Optivisor 2X and 3.5X.

While not really necessary for sharpening, it can provide good feedback.

I bought a cheap one to play around with, with no real intention of taking it too seriously and getting nuts about it. I didn't really find it terribly useful and don't even know where it is right now.

Only occasionally, and only when I'm getting an unexpected result. Otherwise, what Maxim said. Am I satisfied with my sharpening results? I'll never be satisfied.

I use one occasionally to look at scratch patterns and to see if maybe i missed a wire edge.

ooops... missed the second question...

until I see a silk handkerchief gently fall on the edge I have just sharpened and be cut in half, I won't be satisfied :justkidding: but I do always feel there is room for improvement.

Back