Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Thread: UUSHARP?

UUSHARP?

>UUSHARP LINK<

Stones made in China, price seems reasonable. Might get some to cut for EP mounts. Has anyone tried them?

It seems to me they use the P-FEPA grit system, we normally use for sandpaper only.

These stones are not worth even 1 penny, and the seller/maker in china has his reputation 100 times worse than lord voldemort.

Put it simply, in his Chinese store front, if you bought his stone and left a 4 star positive feedback (similar to eBay system), he won't be happy, if you put a neutral or negative rating, he will simply put your personal info online rather than solve the problem. That is how bad he is.

Not to mention the "high end of the sharpening stone" thing. That is how dodgy the brand/business is.

I would advise KKF members not to engage with this brand.

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Quote Originally Posted by pkjames View Post
    These stones are not worth even 1 penny, and the seller/maker in china has his reputation 100 times worse than lord voldemort.

Put it simply, in his Chinese store front, if you bought his stone and left a 4 star positive feedback (similar to eBay system), he won't be happy, if you put a neutral or negative rating, he will simply put your personal info online rather than solve the problem. That is how bad he is.

Not to mention the "high end of the sharpening stone" thing. That is how dodgy the brand/business is.

I would advise KKF members not to engage with this brand.
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by pkjames View Post
    Why don't you get off the fence and tell us what you really think?

Browsing the sharpening section of that website - this contraption looks familiar...

Quote Originally Posted by Timthebeaver View Post
    Why don't you get off the fence and tell us what you really think?
    while I spend most of the time @ KKF, I do occasionally browse the chinese forums. In a fairly recent event, the UU guy in China (who claims he is the maker), just went way beyond what could be considered as "logical". In his store front, he dedicated a page for the his "bad customers": disclosing their real name, address, and phone number. It is illegal in China but hey, he didn't care.

Here is the screen shot of his "open to public black list", whoever can read Chinese, can verify the info, which is basically disclosing personal information.

Anyway, under pressure, it was since removed from his store front, but it was a totally unacceptable practice. While I have to disclose that I have never used his stone, but I won't bother doing so because of this matter.

Also, here are the pics of the UU stones after some simple testing, from the deep scratches, can't say it is very good.

James

What I find even sketchier is how it says "SUPER SHARP" in Japanese...

The funny thing is he just drew more attention to a bad review with his antics.

Ha, with the trafic that this site gets, i wouldnt be surprised if this thread becomes a top google reault for "uusharp".
    While the internet does make it easier for some people to act poorly in an anonymous manner, it makes it much harder for established businesses to get away with this type of crazyness.

"I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded