• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Spring Knife Sale!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bprescot

Founding Member
Reaction score
So I've got a bunch of stuff for sale. The list may expand, but for now, this is it. I just want to say that all of these guys are great, I'm simply selling them to free up money for other toys. I'll try to post some pics of this stuff when I get home later this evening. All prices include shipping and paypal fees. Shipping is USPS Priority except where listed. I will ship to CA if buyer pays the difference in shipping costs.

So, here we go:

Aritsugu A-Type 240mm Gyuto

This is the same knife as here. I haven't done much with it. It came nice and sharp, but needs some work now. Haven't used it all that much as I never really got used to the feel of it. Hard to describe. Nice knife and will hold an edge forever. CKTG has it on backorder for $210. I'll part with mine for $200 shipped.

Ikkanshi Tadatsuna 240mm Gyuto w/o Saya

Fun little knife. Same as this guy here, but without a saya. I got this used from a member that took the time and care to thin this knife even further than it already is. The result is a super laser. It's dull as hell right now and will STILL glide through most veg. There are some pretty obvious scratch marks on the knife from thinning. You could probably take care of them if you wanted to, but I've never bothered. Asking $220

Sakai Takayuki Grand Cheff 270mm Wa-Gyuto

Got this off of a fellow forum member a month or two back to try out. Same knife as here. It's a great knife, and really impressed me, but I just can't get over the length. If I need a really long blade, I'll grab my 300, and for everyday use I'm just more comfortable with a 240. New this guy is $200. I'll part with it for $175.

Hiromoto AS 240mm Gyuto w/ custom Handle.

This is one of the older Hiro AS blades and my first custom re-handle done by Adam (watercrawl). It's box elder burl with metal end-cap. It's a nice knife and an awesome-looking/feeling handle, but I just bought another Hiro AS from DM in Kauri, which has some sentimental value to my wife and I. So this guy's up on the block. Looking for $230.

Blazen 210mm Western Deba

This guy is pretty nearly brand new and is the same one as here. Never seen a stone, and aside from the one test sweet potato, I'm not sure it's ever been actually used. And that's why it's up here. It's too nice a blade to never see use, and I just don't have the need for it that I thought I might. Looking for $265.

JCK CarboNext 240mm Gyuto

Not much to say about this guy that hasn't already been said. I just have other knives I like more. The handle scales aren't the greatest and I touched up the knife once on the stones. It goes for $135 shipped from JCK. Asking $120.

Tojiro KU Nakiri.

Same as the one here. Got it and the Tanaka KU to play around with. Nice little knife, but I prefer the Tanaka, so this one is getting sold. Because it's pretty cheap, shipping on this one is the cheapest available, not necessarily priority. Asking 30.

King S-1 6000 Grit.

Brand new, never used. I got this as part of a package and haven't known what to do with it. By all accounts, it's a nice stone, but I'm happy with my setup as is. Like the Nakiri, becasue of the low asking price, this guy will ship via the least expensive method and may not be USPS priority. Quick google search shows JWW sells it for $56 + shipping. Asking $45.

Alright, that's it for now. Let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for looking!

-Ben

Hi All,

The Tojiro Nakiri and King S-1 are sold pending funds.

Thanks for looking!
Ben

No problem. I'll get to the rest of them after dinner. Please excuse my crappy pics. I am no shutterbug and don't have the gift like other forum members.
Hiro Handle 2.JPG
Hiro Handle 1.JPG
Hiro - Whole.JPG

Edit: Well, here's something anyway. Let me figure out a better way to do the photos. You should be able to click on the above and get a slightly bigger/better picture.

Hi All,

So Rick pointed out to me that the Blazen is not the one up on Epicurean Edge (where they replaced the printed "Blazen" with equivalent Kanji on the blade) but are instead like the ones on JCK with the printed word "Blazen". Sorry for any confusion!

Tojiro and King Stone are sold and will ship tomorrow. Since I'm going to the post office tomorrow anyway, I'll take $5 off any knife purchased before 10:30PM EST today and it will ship tomorrow with the others!

Oh, and the photo album link is fixed and all knives now have photos up there.

Thanks for looking!
Ben

Man, I really hate the post office! Fine, $15 bucks off any knife in an effort to minimize the number of visits I'll have to make.

Thanks for looking!
Ben

Hi All,

So Aritsugu, Tojiro, King, and CarboNext are all sold. And we've got some new prices on the rest. The wife and I are taking our first real vacation in a good long while next week, so I'd like to get this wrapped up before then.

Tadatsuna: $210

Sakai Takayuki: $165 - I should probably have mentioned this earlier, cuz a couple people have asked. I believe the steel in this is AEB-L, the same steel as the DT ITKs, though the hardness is lower than the ITKs.

Blazen: $245.

Hiromoto: $215

Oh, and while I doubt anyone will, if you buy more than one of the above, take off $10 bucks since I don't have to pay dual shipping.

Thanks for looking!
Ben

Hmm... Well the Sakai Takayuki is on hold for a bit but everything else is still available... Not sure if my prices are too high or there's just no interest. So here's a final price drop. These will be up until Wednesday, after which I'm hanging on to everything.

Tadatsuna: $200

Hiromoto w/ custom Adam handle: $205

Brand New Blazen Yo-Deba: $225

Just a reminder all prices include shipping and paypal fees. If you need more photos, PM me.

Thanks!
Ben

Wow, not even a nibble... That's surprising to me... Still not sure if it's the prices or just that these guys aren't that exciting...

So how about this? I am open to trades and offers on the Tadatsuna and Blazen. Got a crazy number in mind or a trade idea you think I'll never go for? Try it anyway!

I am, however, going to withdraw the Hiro. I think I'd just regret selling it, so I'm gonna keep it.

Thanks,
Ben

Last edited:
Alright, well the Sakai Takayuki is gone, the Tadatsuna is also gone. The Blazen is still technically available, but is going to be withdrawn until after Memorial Day, when I'm back home. Feel free to PM about it, but I won't be able to give a response for a good long while.

Thanks to everyone!
Ben

Latest posts

Back