Quantcast
Electronic Cigarettes - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Electronic Cigarettes

Good luck w/ quitting Mark, hope this helps. Been there and it sucks...
    one man gathers what another man spills...

I wish you luck Mark. I was one of the lucky ones. I quit about 15 years ago and was able to quit cold Turkey. Three weeks after quitting I tried one after a few cocktails and just about threw up because it just didn't taste good anymore. I haven't had one since. I still like an occasional cigar, but have cut way back on those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipcich View Post
    Alternatively, one could just stop smoking. There are harder things in life.
    Yes, we know how easy that is.

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Alternatively, one could just stop smoking. There are harder things in life.
    Yeah, I quit smoking every time I throw the end of a ciggy away.

Ive been trying to quit for 3 weeks this time around. had a total of 3 smokes in two nights during that time until last night. Got drunk, and found myself halfway down a pack of Marb Reds by 4 in the morning. Boy, do I ever try to quit. All my friends smoke though, and every time I am quitting, the people in the tv are smoking and I cant stand to sit on the couch.

E-cigs...for me, personally very dangerous. I have a highly addictive personality and seem to space out very often (adult a-d-d like) I remember when e-cigs first came out my buddies grandpa bought a truckload of them and started selling them at fairs and whatnot. So we ended up with a few of them, we would just sit around and slam those suckers all day long while bsing on local couches around town. Those refill cartridges didn't stand a chance.

Nowadays, the ecigs have improved a ton Id say, I have tried a few here and there...I really like flavors like Gumby Blood and Unicorn Blood, and I really like the idea that I could take a quick puff in the middle of my shift in the bathroom and the vent would take the vapors that smell like watermelon and waft them away and Id still have a nic rush.

So - as I type this and ponder, Im probably going to get myself another e-cig today because I really really want to quit smoking. BUT, I think that after all this blabber, what I wanted to say is that its really hard to tell how much nic you are taking in no matter what dose is in your refill because there is no way to track the "amount" of cigarettes youve had in a day.

I quit 20 yrs ago and it was one of the hardest things I ever quit doing. It is however one of the best things you can do for yourself and I encourage you to kick the habit. Once you get your senses of smell and taste back you'll be glad you did.

lol i got my dad the eversmoke E-cigarette for xmas present.

Heh. I didn't say it was easy, just implied that there are other addictions that are much tougher to beat.

I used to smoke a couple packs of Camel straights a day until I realized that if the smoking didn't kill me outright, I would die of aggravation over having poisoned myself.

Heh. I didn't say it was easy, just implied that there are other addictions that are much tougher to beat.

I used to smoke a couple packs of Camel straights a day until I realized that if the smoking didn't kill me outright, I would die of aggravation over having poisoned myself.
    I've personally had quite a few addictions and must say that ciggies were for me the hardest of all to quit...
    one man gathers what another man spills...

According to many who don't like tobacco, nicotine is one of THE hardest addictions to kick.

Let's hear from all the dyed-in-the-wool junkies out there.
    What hurts worse, 12 hours without a cigarette, or 12 hours without your opiate of choice?
    Just wake me when it's over.