Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What will 2013 Bring?

Yes more smaller pieces for ferrules

I would buy a board if i can finish it with sand paper as i got no tools.

Mark, how about you pre-match up the handle & saya material and sell them as a set?? It just one of my ideal, I find there are many wood vendors on the net;but, no body doing that!! hope it will help
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

I might try that. Kind of depends on how I get the wood. Some of the wood I buy is milled to about 2 inches thick. Since I like to rough cut blocks about 1&1/4" thick before sending to K&G, it would leave enough to get a saya set.
    I know I would be able to do it with some of this mango.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

Whatever burl you currently have the most, the new current batch, whatever but have a sale on one type of wood each month. A burl of the month.
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    Whatever burl you currently have the most, the new current batch, whatever but have a sale on one type of wood each month. A burl of the month.
    I like your idea of a featured wood to put on sale.
    I might have to do a wood of the week though because a lot of the times new stuff sells out pretty quick.

I am trying to time the batches of wood I send to K&G so I will have a lot of new wood coming back from getting stabilized each week.
    Visit our web store

I can see the issue with only sending a ferrule piece. But would it be possible to have as an add-on?
    Like if you buy for $30 or $50 or whatever you get to buy ferrule (maybe trade your rebate?)?

Sounds like a good idea.
    Visit our web store

No more discount codes - Lower Prices on everything

I have been reviewing reports on 2012 and found out something that I suspected was true.
    90%+ of all sales were to repeat customers.
    The way the store software was set up for 2012, repeat customers could get a discount by entering a promotional code during check out.

Since over 90% of the purchases being made in the web store are from repeat customers I decided to do away with the discount codes and just lower the prices on everything in the store. Hopefully this will make things more convenient.

There were also several customers who were placing larger wholesale orders.
    So I have programmed the store software to apply a discount based on the total for the order.
    Example;
    Orders totaling over $200 will automatically get a 7% discount off of the total amount for the order.
    Orders totaling over $500 will automatically get an additional 8% discount off of the total amount for the order.

My goal with these changes is to provide good prices without having to remember to use special codes or anything. By automating things it makes it so all you have to do is pick out the pieces you like knowing you will be getting the best price I can give you.
    Visit our web store

I liked when you ran the high grade section separate from the regular pieces for a while this summer. I would bring that back.

Matching gun handle blanks would be good too - those could also be used for western handles.

There are a few of the forum members who will call me when I get a new batch of wood back from being stabilized and say "pick me out the piece you think is best from the new **** burl".
    Bearing that in mind I could pick out one or two pieces from each new batch that I think are the best and place them in a separate category. Kind of like what I did with the High Grade category during the summer.

As for the ferrule materials I think I will just list the pieces individually with free shipping and take my chances.
    I think people will be more likely to pick out a ferrule piece to go with a block they are getting, than to just purchase a single ferrule piece.
    I might get bit in the butt once in a while but I am sure everything will balance out over time.

Not too sure about Machine Gun handle blanks though.

If anyone goes to the store it is still empty with the exception of one piece.

#1001 Old Growth Redwood - Stabilized Block
    5&3/4" x 1&1/4" x 1&1/4"
    Free Shipping Worldwide
    Price: $9,999.00
    I am using this as a reference while I am getting the new store inventory ready for the 2013 Grand Re-Opening.
    I figured that by placing that price on it would prevent someone buying it while I am using it as a reference for some of the text that is used on each listing.

But....if someone wants to go ahead and buy it, that's ok too.
    I would even send a fancy thank you card to the buyer.
    Visit our web store