Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What will 2013 Bring?

Quote Originally Posted by Burl Source View Post

My goal with these changes is to provide good prices without having to remember to use special codes or anything. By automating things it makes it so all you have to do is pick out the pieces you like knowing you will be getting the best price I can give you.
    I like this.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    lol some ferrul wood too?
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    lol some ferrul wood too?
    In the new batches of stabilized wood I am cleaning up there are some shorts of Sycamore, Buckeye Burl and Black dyed Maple Burl.
    Nice, but short, good stuff for ferrules.
    Mark Farley / Burl Source
    Phone 541-287-1029, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burl Source View Post
    There are a few of the forum members who will call me when I get a new batch of wood back from being stabilized and say "pick me out the piece you think is best from the new **** burl".
    Bearing that in mind I could pick out one or two pieces from each new batch that I think are the best and place them in a separate category. Kind of like what I did with the High Grade category during the summer.

As for the ferrule materials I think I will just list the pieces individually with free shipping and take my chances.
    I think people will be more likely to pick out a ferrule piece to go with a block they are getting, than to just purchase a single ferrule piece.
    I might get bit in the butt once in a while but I am sure everything will balance out over time.

Not too sure about Machine Gun handle blanks though.

If anyone goes to the store it is still empty with the exception of one piece.

#1001 Old Growth Redwood - Stabilized Block
    5&3/4" x 1&1/4" x 1&1/4"
    Free Shipping Worldwide
    Price: $9,999.00
    I am using this as a reference while I am getting the new store inventory ready for the 2013 Grand Re-Opening.
    I figured that by placing that price on it would prevent someone buying it while I am using it as a reference for some of the text that is used on each listing.

But....if someone wants to go ahead and buy it, that's ok too.
    I would even send a fancy thank you card to the buyer.
    When I wrote that I was meaning with this. I'm sure for 10k you would find some ferrules to throw in.
    Chewie's the man.

2013 will bring more of these And yes...All Marks wood.

Thanks for always making the best woods available to all of of junkies, Happy New Year!!!

WOW! Mike I really like that Buckeye/Koa combination. I woulda never thought of that. Beautiful wood and handles!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
    2013 will bring more of these And yes...All Marks wood.

Thanks for always making the best woods available to all of of junkies, Happy New Year!!!

More kick ass ironwood!

Remember my first ironwood burl = black magic .
    [FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][I]-"we're gonna make gluten free lasagna"[/I][/FONT]

Love the handles Mike. I am saddened by the lack of westerns, but they look great regardless.

Thanks guys!!! Mike, koa and Buckeye has been one of my favorites!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    Love the handles Mike. I am saddened by the lack of westerns, but they look great regardless.
    Kalaeb, I have a few of my first westerns in the works. I will be sure to get pics of them up

Oh, left to right: High grade koa/ivory, mango/blackwood, Redwood/buffalo horn, Buckeye/koa, Ebony/ivory spacer/Spalted curly maple, Spalted maple/blackwood, ironwood/buckeye/ironwood, blackwood/walnut/curly maple/blackwood, spalted maple/ivory/nlackwood and mango/ blackwood