I don't like winter... but...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierreRodrigue

Reaction score
It can sure be pretty!

image.jpg

Snow out in the countryside can be quite gorgeous, but snow in the city just plain sucks.

Just beautiful--as long as you can sit in front of a fire and sip something hot while you look at it!

We dodged a bullet in the last two days. Forecast was for 7-8 inches - we got 5-6. An hour West through north of us got hit with 14-18 inches. I was supposed to go to a client in Iowa and would have gotten snowed. in. It is pretty though, guess we get a white christmas this year.

Pretty, yes, but only in pictures taken by someone else.:lol2:

If snow could somehow fall all over except the roads and sidewalks, I would love it. Till that is the case, I dread it.

I personally love winter! I love the crisp air, that cold burn that fills your lungs when you first step out. It just makes you feel alive!! I love how bright it is after that first snowfall and the sun is just shimmer on every little snow flake crystal that has fallen and it just overwhelms your vision with drastic color contrasts and just is beautiful!!

In Finland we have around 60cm of snow. it is pain to drive around with a honda !! need a quattro please !!!

We had a bit of snow the past couple days.
Now we have a lot of down trees on the power
lines and no power in my workshop or at home.

But we have a wood stove so we aren't freezing.

One of my coworkers had a tree fall on her house last night.
Destroyed the front porch and broke through the front door.

In my opinion, snow is great as long as it is somewhere else.
.....like in a movie or something.

Back