Can I Get a Kanji Translation on Aisle 5?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishAvenger

Reaction score
Hey, all! My father picked up a rather old looking Hori Hori (I know, it's not a kitchen knife, but it could be used in the kitchen in an emergency), and I thought that maybe someone here might be able to help out with a kanji deciphering. Soooooo, what's it say?:dontknow:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33189312@N03/8295340210/in/photostream

Thanks for your time and trouble.
-Mark

kanji mean- "special made by 貞義"! 貞義 is knifemaker's name but I have no ideal who he is?? maybe Mari from Korin can help.....

kanji mean- "special made by 貞義"! 貞義 is knifemaker's name but I have no ideal who he is?? maybe Mari from Korin can help.....

It translates "Sadayoshi," so likely ENOMOTO SADAYOSHI of the Osaka Gassan group.

It translates "Sadayoshi," so likely ENOMOTO SADAYOSHI of the Osaka Gassan group.

Sorry. I think that this is a different Sadayoshi. Enomoto Sadayoshi is 榎本貞吉 so his family name 貞吉 has the same sound but has different character of the Sadayoshi above 貞義. Yoshi is a very popular pronunciation of different characters.

Sorry. I think that this is a different Sadayoshi. Enomoto Sadayoshi is 榎本貞吉 so his family name 貞吉 has the same sound but has different character of the Sadayoshi above 貞義. Yoshi is a very popular pronunciation of different characters.

Good to know! I should stick with Chinese, of which I have a little knowledge, and a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Back