Quantcast
Mastersmith designation question...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mastersmith designation question...

Mastersmith designation question...

I apologize as I probably placed this in the incorrect forum but does anyone know if there exists an equivalent of Master Designation in countries such as Japan, Germany, Sweden, etc. ?

How are bladesmiths deemed as mastersmiths in Japan for example?

I have found a list of all American Bladesmith Society mastersmiths here:
    http://www.americanbladesmith.com/in...up_id=5&next=1

I am wondering if there is any international equivalent to this certification elsewhere?

in japan there are certifications, qualifications, and associations, but in general, its a pretty small world and its clear who's who and who is good

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    in japan there are certifications, qualifications, and associations, but in general, its a pretty small world and its clear who's who and who is good
    Are there any websites?

I'm wondering as to which smiths Nenohi is contracting out to?

how small is it? Are we talking like 10 people or 50 people? Can you give a list of the top 10 or so? or the top smiths in your opinion Thanks Jon!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboybrent View Post
    how small is it? Are we talking like 10 people or 50 people? Can you give a list of the top 10 or so? or the top smiths in your opinion Thanks Jon!
    not without getting myself into trouble

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    not without getting myself into trouble
    Hahahaha

Just order a Nenohi from a dististributor like Korin. In my opinion they produce the best example of classic Japanese cutlery. Period. I have to say "period" one more time.

The ABS is world wide but not all makers join the ABS so the rating is only for forging smiths

Impressively pointed
    And not all forging smiths join the ABS . And just because you don't join the ABS , it doesn't mean you don't know what you're doing at the forge .
    I'm being trained by a Master Smith in the ABS , but I have NO intention of joining them .

Quote Originally Posted by Bill T View Post
    And not all forging smiths join the ABS . And just because you don't join the ABS , it doesn't mean you don't know what you're doing at the forge .
    I'm being trained by a Master Smith in the ABS , but I have NO intention of joining them .
    thatsn right to Bill