Will twinkies become valuable?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
My wife told me that Twinkies have been discontinued.
But since they have a shelf life of forever, I wouldn't be surprised to see them increase in value.
Might sound dumb, but just wait.

When you see a box of Twinkies sell for $500 on ebay, remember that you heard it here first.

I had my last Twinkie last Sunday and a little tear came to my eye after the last bite. Going to miss them all...Twinkies, hohos and dumb dumbs.

I had read somewhere that their brand portfolio was worth over 56 million. I hope someone....(cough cough Nestle), picks it back up.

1. Welcome to the Internet, Mark!

2. They have literally dozens of people lined up to buy off their brands, the courts just held up any sales temporarily. Same thing happened to Pringles a few years back, and we're still eating 'em because Kellog's bought the brand (we just didn't hear about it because Pringles aren't as kitsch). So everyone relax, it's just internet hype. We will be stuffing our faces with Ding Dongs for years to come.

Twinkies actually spoil pretty quickly. That makes them a poor currency.

1. Welcome to the Internet, Mark!

2. They have literally dozens of people lined up to buy off their brands, the courts just held up any sales temporarily. Same thing happened to Pringles a few years back, and we're still eating 'em because Kellog's bought the brand (we just didn't hear about it because Pringles aren't as kitsch). So everyone relax, it's just internet hype. We will be stuffing our faces with Ding Dongs for years to come.

Yep.....They will be back,the owners needed to bust the union so they could sell the company. God forbid someone pay there employees a decent wage.

Im pretty sure I heard that they got a multi million dollar deposit from a big company to continue production...thats the word on the streets anyways...

they only have a 25 day shelf life. so by now, any twinkie sold by now would have gone bad.

Ho(stess) handle! Ya think K&G could stabilize a Twinkie? :idea2:
We would need to remove the creamy filling first.
Allow it to dry for a little while (has to be faster than wood).
Then send it to K&G.
Soon as it comes back it should be ready to go.
But.... we would have to come up with a good name for it.
......something Cutty would like.

Back