• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Takeda White #1 Cleaver

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhenry

Reaction score
I wanna be a cleaver guy, but I'm not. This is my second attempt and they just don't work for me. I think I am too short and my counters are too high. It's just going to sit around collecting dust, it is a good conversation piece though.

This really is a one of a kind, it's a Menkiri-bocho that Dave did some work on to add belly and round the tip. It also has a very nice Stefan handle

251mm long
91mm high @ heel
95mm high @ front (10mm back of tip)
4mm wide spine @ heel
2mm wide spine @ tip
Weighs right around 500g

$400.00 Shipped in conUS

IMG_2687.jpg

I hear ya, Mike. But, don't sell yourself short (yup). At 6', and a board just below my waist, I'm not a cleaver guy either.

This one is beautiful, and the price is definitely right!

so tempting........... yet this is what i get. :punish:

Is it just me or does all the good stuff go on sell right after I spend a very large amount on something else?

Looks great, good luck with the sell.

Is it just me or does all the good stuff go on sell right after I spend a very large amount on something else?

Looks great, good luck with the sell.

i hear ya. about 6 hours too late! beautiful knife. gl with sale

Im not getting this one guys even though its my two favorite things rolled into one. Takeda + cleaver. But if whoever buys it wants insurance on it, Ill prolly buy it from you in 3 months or so :)

any chance for us outside of Conus to cut a deal on this one?

Sure I will ship it to you, if you will cover the additional costs. PM me

Very tempting, if it's still up by the time I get home, I may bite.

I have no idea, as it has yet to arrive;)
Hopefully it is on the way over here by now though, so hopefully I will be able to report back soon on it's performance.

I have no idea, as it has yet to arrive;)
Hopefully it is on the way over here by now though, so hopefully I will be able to report back soon on it's performance.

Please do :lol2:

Regards

Back