My cutting passion keeps my family healthy.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joels747

Reaction score
As cutting is a pleasure with my Miyabi 5000S Usuba, I cut almost every morning a salad for my wife, our son and myself.

I cut what's called an Israeli Salad:

4 halves of bell peppers - different colors
1 half medium onion
1 cucumber about 8" long
1 medium-large tomato or equivalent volume of cherry tomatoes.
more ingredients can be added as the heart pleases: scallions, parsley, carrots, etc.

I roughly dice everything to cubes of about 4 mm (3/16") and mix well.

Seasoning can be :

Salt + one hard boiled egg - finely chopped + one to two tbsp. mayonnaise. or
Salt + one to two tbsp. good olive oil + one to two tbsp. good balsamic vinegar or freshly squeezed lemon juice.

Cutting everything to small roughly equal size cubes, mixing well, and eating it fresh - makes the salad tasty and healthy.

Haha. I do a lot of similar things. We've eaten a heckuva lot more fresh fruits and veggies since I took up kitchen knives as a hobby.

ya, its amazing how much i wanna just cut things now, unlike before, where altho i somewhat enjoyed prep at home, now I actually get disappointed when our meal doesn't call for much chopping

I completely agree! Yes, we can many healthy habit because we like to use our knives.

The salad that you make also seems good, joels. Is like salad in most countries of the Mediterranean, especially North Africa and the Easter M they dice many things for to make the salads. Perfect knife situations.

Back