Sabatier.... redefined

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajhuff

Banned
Reaction score
I love my Sabatier Nogent French knife. One day I got a crazy idea to commission an "improved" vision of my Nogent.

This is the end result.

I'm so excited. I just opened the box 10 minutes ago. Haven't even used it... yet.

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_1932.jpg

-AJ

thats a very nice looking knife , who did you commission to make it?

The spine is relieved to fit my personal pinch grip. Quite comfortable.

IMG_1934.jpg

-AJ

This is my first time to see this. Very interesting and maybe is comfortable? I think that it's good idea to try.

The pinch grip cut-out is interesting and makes for a grip very close to the edge. Do you find that this gives you more control?

Was this a modified sab or was is a totally new custom knife?

That looks like some crazy A$$ thing I would do......VERY NICE:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The pinch grip cut-out is interesting and makes for a grip very close to the edge. Do you find that this gives you more control?

Was this a modified sab or was is a totally new custom knife?

I think it gives me more control. I have short fingers and a big palm. I think it may be one of the reasons I like the simple ugly Nogent handle so much. I like to choke up as high on the handle as I can.

It is not a modification. Full on custom in S35VN

-AJ

I think it gives me more control. I have short fingers and a big palm. I think it may be one of the reasons I like the simple ugly Nogent handle so much. I like to choke up as high on the handle as I can.

It is not a modification. Full on custom in S35VN

-AJ

By whom?

Back