Quantcast
Rum and Bourbon. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rum and Bourbon.

Quote Originally Posted by dmccurtis View Post
    There are lots of mild Scotch, and there are bourbons comparable in difficulty to Islays.
    I was being silly.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    I like Woodford too. The best in that mid level price range I think.

I have tried the Zaya Reserva and Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva at work, both of which were quite nice. I haven't been a huge rum guy, but these are completely different from the normal rum-and-coke rums. They really shouldn't even be called the same thing. More like a nice whiskey. And like someone else mentioned, a good value. Where as tequilas and bourbons have been all the rage the past few years, driving markups and prices higher, rum hasn't garnered the same attention.
    I started on good rum after a visit to cuba, the prices for what your getting are just silly. I think that's slowly changing, I've noticed supermarkets stocking higher end rums I thought I'd never see in the uk.

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    I'm a big fan of Don Pampero Anniversario, and also a big fan of El Dorado 12 year+. Of course, there is always Ron Zacapa 23. I pretty much drink rum, can't have anything else without a headache. I am a big fan of the demerara style if you couldn't tell. I probably bought 30 bottles of the Don Pampero in the last couple of years, and a dozen of the latter two. I always like to keep multiple bottles on hand, they many times sell out.
    Jason

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Never been a Bourbon/whiskey fan. But when I drank it was usually a double rum and coke. Bacardi was my style, I always thought that Capt. was way to sweet. Now that I think back to a few I tried with coke I bet they would have been better neat instead of mixed.

And yes I could always tell the difference between coke and pepsi. pepsi is sweeter, coke has more cinnamon in the flavor.
    Chewie's the man.

Anyone up for a $200,000 bottle of whiskey?

All that for a blended whiskey?!
    Jason

Fer cryin' out loud! They put the woodwork together with busicut joinery! That is bovine excrement in the extreme!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    Never been a Bourbon/whiskey fan. But when I drank it was usually a double rum and coke. Bacardi was my style, I always thought that Capt. was way to sweet. Now that I think back to a few I tried with coke I bet they would have been better neat instead of mixed.

And yes I could always tell the difference between coke and pepsi. pepsi is sweeter, coke has more cinnamon in the flavor.
    The difference between white bacardi and really good rum is like the difference in a kitchen knife from ikea and a hattori KD. lol.

My GF drinks Bicardi and I always forget it's rum. To me, it smells like lighter fluid.
    Jason

Even in white rum like usual bacardi.

Take your store bacardi and make a mojito with it and compare the same drink with one made with white havana club.

totally different, bacardi is total junk.

+ Reply to Thread