First time duck fat use

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmforge

Banned
Reaction score
I went over to my brother's house tonight. He had a 3 rib standing rib roast on the BGE. We did our typical asparagus balnched and then brielfy tossed in the wok with shallots in butter and......you guessed it....duck fat instead of the normal olive oil. Shaving of parmesan on top and away we go. We also made shoestring frites using a combination of duck fat and veggie oil in the little deep fryer with a tiny dash of white truffle oil at the end. Monster!!! We also made individual Yorkshore puddgins weith duck fat as the extra fat in the botttom of the tins. They blew up like jiffy pop.:D Good stuff, that duck fat.

I did a two rib roast today too. Made Brussels sprouts caramelized in bacon fat and petite Yukon golds halved and browned in duck fat. Gotta love the duck - it just keeps on giving.

duck fat rules. i'm roasting two ducks for Christmas, which will replenish my stock.

I cheated. I bought a salsa jar full of the stuff at Fresh Market. :hungry:

I have a couple of geese in the freezer. I might thaw one out for New Years - duck, goose - it's all gold.

sounds great... doing similar tonight .. wegmans prime dry aged boneless rib eye roast on the bge , crash hot mini taters in duckfat with a bit of rosemary and grilled asparagus with cotto shavings .

I'm doing a prime tenderloin roast this year. Duckfat frittes of course. :D

Dave

Believe or not I make refried beans using duck fat......awesome.

WF and Fresh Market both carry it. Patotoe Pave, from Ad Hoc, sauteed in duck fat is happening here tonight.

Cant beat duck or goose fat for perfect roasties....Ooo its getting me all Christmasy.:hungry:

Back