Quantcast
What did you get for Christmas?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you get for Christmas?

What did you get for Christmas?

Well, I was just curious what you may have received for Christmas or whatever holiday that you celebrate. Granted, the meaning of the holidays is not about material things but what the hell, let me know what you happened upon.

I received two boxes of cigars since my knife collection is complete pending the completion of a custom from Pierre. The two boxes of cigars were... Quesada Oktoberfest Kurz and Quesada Q'DeTat Daga's. I also received some cash, which I shall dedicate to filling up my large humidor.

Merry Christmas,

Pete
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

I got an ultimate edge bag, a few well needed parts for my bicycle. New touring panniers for my planned spring tour, and my favorite gift, two sassafras clay bakers. One oblong and one round. My fiancé is the best. Oh, and a pair of hurt your eyes yellow vans
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

I got:

7.5 qt duromatic kuhn rikon pressure cooker
    rosle basting spoon
    king arthur dough whisk (I got sick of breaking wooden spoons)
    modernist cuisine at home
    the art of fermentation

I may have some other stuff coming in too, and I actually got two copies of Modernist Cuisine as gifts -- which was strange.

k.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1926.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	12334  
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

I got a Vitamix 5200, a cookbook and some cast iron knick knacks (lid lifter, handle covers, etc).

Right now I'm smoking an Arturo Fuente Anejo 55 my brother gave me. Nice cigar.

I got a new map light for my 18 year old Nissan. It was a real bugger to find. Finally tracked one down on eBay.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

I got nothing but, then again I always get nothing.lol not even a pair of socks. I could use some new socks. merry christmas guys
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I got Samsung galaxy Note 2 to replace my 11 years old HTC phone
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

I got a Gesshin Ittetsu 180mm Petty from Jon at JKI, I have not tried it out yet but I am so excited to see how it performs

I had a friend visiting for Christmas Eve, she had a one night layover on her way to Asia. We had a picnic at the beach with all kinds of seafood and champagne and caught up on life. Best present I can think of.

Stefan

Got to experience one more Christmas with my grandpa, will likely be his last.... All I could have asked for.