What did you get for Christmas?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stereo.pete

Reaction score
Well, I was just curious what you may have received for Christmas or whatever holiday that you celebrate. Granted, the meaning of the holidays is not about material things but what the hell, let me know what you happened upon.

I received two boxes of cigars since my knife collection is complete pending the completion of a custom from Pierre. The two boxes of cigars were... Quesada Oktoberfest Kurz and Quesada Q'DeTat Daga's. I also received some cash, which I shall dedicate to filling up my large humidor.

Merry Christmas,

Pete

I got an ultimate edge bag, a few well needed parts for my bicycle. New touring panniers for my planned spring tour, and my favorite gift, two sassafras clay bakers. One oblong and one round. My fiancé is the best. Oh, and a pair of hurt your eyes yellow vans

I got:

7.5 qt duromatic kuhn rikon pressure cooker
rosle basting spoon
king arthur dough whisk (I got sick of breaking wooden spoons)
modernist cuisine at home
the art of fermentation

I may have some other stuff coming in too, and I actually got two copies of Modernist Cuisine as gifts -- which was strange.

k.

IMG_1926.jpg

I got a Vitamix 5200, a cookbook and some cast iron knick knacks (lid lifter, handle covers, etc).

Right now I'm smoking an Arturo Fuente Anejo 55 my brother gave me. Nice cigar.

I got a new map light for my 18 year old Nissan. It was a real bugger to find. Finally tracked one down on eBay.

I got nothing but, then again I always get nothing.lol not even a pair of socks. I could use some new socks. merry christmas guys

I got Samsung galaxy Note 2 to replace my 11 years old HTC phone:)

I got a Gesshin Ittetsu 180mm Petty from Jon at JKI, I have not tried it out yet but I am so excited to see how it performs

I had a friend visiting for Christmas Eve, she had a one night layover on her way to Asia. We had a picnic at the beach with all kinds of seafood and champagne and caught up on life. Best present I can think of.

Stefan

Got to experience one more Christmas with my grandpa, will likely be his last.... All I could have asked for.

New shoes for me, and I get to play with my sons Batman Cave and Hex Bugs.

Coal......but it came with a note that I should buy a new Deba. :EDance2:

I got:

7.5 qt duromatic kuhn rikon pressure cooker
rosle basting spoon
king arthur dough whisk (I got sick of breaking wooden spoons)
modernist cuisine at home
the art of fermentation

I may have some other stuff coming in too, and I actually got two copies of Modernist Cuisine as gifts -- which was strange.

k.

Your gonna love that book. The art of fermentation that is.

The wife and i were tight on money this year so we put our funds into christmas for the kids. We spent a wonderful day together and the kids were spoiled. Was a fantastic day.

Got to experience one more Christmas with my grandpa, will likely be his last.... All I could have asked for.

Congrats on that, I am happy you can savor that. I was on the other end of the spectrum and got to enjoy it with my 12 week old daughter and our 5 year old foster child who really hasn't ever had a decent christmas.

My mother in law gave us a creme brulee kit and a handful of spatulas and I got on the waiting list for a Marko Masterpiece and got the green light from my wife after having a great discussion with Mario on another project I want to start soon. I also picked up a Black Ohira Range Suita stone and some Uchigomori Finger Stones from Maxim as a present for my December Birthday.

Bottle of Laphroaig, combo pack of FoodSaver bags for my SousVide Supreme, and tickets to an upcoming B. B. King concert.

Best of all, the pleasure of my daughter and grandson for Christmas eve dinner...lobster quiche, avocados with shrimp remoulade, green salad with star fruit, orange sections and red onion, pomegranate vinaigrette. Key lime pie for desert. :hungry:

I got to spend 24th til today, in a cabin in the mountains, snowboarding. Best gift.

A Carter santoku, one of the new ones. A bottle of good scotch (now already drank), slippers, and a Sunderland mug.

Son, I'm sending you socks. Do you have overly large or small feet that need to be taken into consideration?

I received a couple cookbooks, a couple fiction books, a pair of fancy socks (will they go well with clogs I wonder?), and my lady picked up a couple of bits of swag from one of my fave old school butcher shops in Portland when she visited last week.

With the family -
Omakase paired with sake at Nobu's and Christmas day lunch with Aunt who is at a re-hab center.

Awesome ring from Jon, and cute coat from myself :) USPS is taking so much time to deliver anything from anywhere now, so I haven't received gifts from my Japanese family yet.... it's not bad though... it just means my holiday mood will continue a little longer till we finally open a box from Japan! I expect some potteries (yakimono) from my parents in it :bliss:

A copy of "Charcuterie" and a bottle of Utopias

Latest posts

Back