Quantcast
Doctor screwup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctor screwup

Doctor screwup

So,we are having our third child in less than a month(Yes i know what causes this) and we have been going crazy getting stuff ready. So after 8 months of looking at ultrasounds, listening to heart beats, driving back and forth 40 miles to the doctor once a week...The doctor was wrong. Or blind...We were told it was a girl...Turns out it is a very healthy boy....So much for pre prep, eh?

Congratulations on the upcoming "surprise" boy. My wife is a radiologist and takes weekly ultrasound photos of our boy due in March, so there will be no surprise on our end. I think it was only after a dozen photos of his little man bits that it really sunk in that it was a boy.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Congrats. I wish I were still at that stage. I think there is a trade-in program if you feel strongly about this.
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I am not mad about it being a boy, just pissed at the doctor for his failure to open his eyes. So far we have returned about $800 worth of girl stuff. I guess that is why the call it medical practice...eventually, if they do it long enough, they get it right

You aren't the first that is for sure. One of my good friends found out two weeks ahead of time that his girl to be was a boy. Rush job on painting the room from Pink to Blue.

we will be finding out the gender of our first child in a few weeks (altho that is of course subject to the child posing for the camera to get a good enough shot of its gnarly bits)

So that WASN'T the umbilical after all? Dang!!!!

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Gratz on the new arrival.
    Chewie's the man.

I just read an article about medical errors. In the realm of medical mistakes, that one is probably one of the more desirable ones. LOL
    Ultimately, a completely benign mistake. A bit annoying perhaps, but benign, and a bit of a surprise to boot. Congratulations to you both.

Congrats on the boy, kids are just great!!!