F/S 270 San Mai Suji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heath Besch

Reaction score
image.jpg

Up for sale is a 270 San Mai suji. The construction is San Mai 1018/1095 with koa, silver and buffalo handle.

Here are the specs:
Blade length:260 mm
Effective edge: 235 mm
Spine thickness at heel:f 3.19 mm
Spine thickness at 1/2 blade: 3.05 mm
Spine thickness at 1" from tip: 1.90 mm
Height at heel: 36.93 mm
Thickness of blade behind the edge: .49 mm

Price is $300.00 plus shipping USD. Any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

It is distortion from my phone camera. The curve on the edge starts about halfway to the point.

Offer sent...however, someone can always swoop in and offer him exactly what he's asking :D

I' really excited to try this one out! I couldn't resist....

Great looking suji, Heath!
And nice catch, Lefty. You don't happen to have 270 suji to spare now that you got this? :)

Thanks. :) Heath's work really intrigues me. Sometimes I get a feeling about a guy's work. The last three were Rodrigue, Davis, and Nguyen. I'm not saying I discovered these guys, trust me! Anything but...however, I'm saying I don't get that vibe too often, but when I do, it seems to work out for me. :D

I should add Luke Snyder to that list. Oops.

I haven't received the knife yet (obviously), but I would like to mention how easy Heath has been to deal with. We discussed a couple little things and I got pictures, this morning with some minor tweaks to tailor it to my style, then sent pics to see what I thought, etc.

Thanks, Heath!

I just got the suji, and I must say...it has it's little flaws, as all knives do, but I love the feel of the handle, the handmade look and boy can it cut. A few tweaks and we'll have a fantastic knife! Nice work, and I can't wait to see you develop, Heath!

Latest posts

Back