• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Trade: used Shigefusa 270 kasumi chefs knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bieniek

Banned
Reaction score
Ideally I would trade this for another Shig, kasumi 24-25cm "gyuto".
Dont want stainless, only monosteel or cladded carbon.
Must be high at heel, 55mm or so.

The reason that motivates this offering is that I have everything over 25cm, but dont really have enough board room sometimes to accomodate so long blade. Or you could say theres too much on my board all the time.
For same reason Im planning to sell Ittetsu after PA.

The only 27cm that will stay with me is my Kato.

The knife supplied with redwood saya. Standard handle. Photos if you ask.

Been thinned once. Been sharpened dozen of times maybe. Recently all patina sccrubbed away [as a part of a major setup cleaning]

This knife was working in a kitchen, its not a showpiece.

If you don't get any trade offers I would be interested in buying it

OK. That didnt go to well.

600$. Shipping from here could bust any balls.

DSCN0175_zpsbdf33516.jpg

DSCN0172_zpsad8bc60a.jpg

DSCN0171_zpse293ffbb.jpg

DSCN0170_zpse9f90a32.jpg

DSCN0169_zps6dbc5677.jpg

DSCN0168_zpsfe495e2b.jpg

DSCN0167_zps0eb34e4e.jpg

DSCN0164_zpsf36113bd.jpg

DSCN0157_zps2fcf5775.jpg

As on pics, blade not polished and the finish is just after binsui stone.
Can be polished, that part I enjoy so no problemo.

Very tempting, I wish I didn't have a 240mm shige getting rehandled at the moment, or I would snag thus one.

Would get there to you in Austria in no-time

Just saying:spiteful:

I'm surprised this is still here. Must still be to close to the holidays.

Today I thinned the knife, will polish and sharpen it and could make some additional photos if any of you would be interested.

;)

DSCN0327_zps23f1d10e.jpg

DSCN0328_zps211995e8.jpg

DSCN0329_zpsf859b76c.jpg

DSCN0330_zpse614d9f5.jpg

DSCN0333_zps61721e6b.jpg

DSCN0334_zps480528d9.jpg

DSCN0335_zps1e91c95b.jpg

DSCN0336_zpsff8cc1c8.jpg

DSCN0337_zpsa8938d2a.jpg

Thinned behind the edge but also took a little off of the top of the sec edge. This is such a wonderful blade.

Withdrawn.

my guess is sand paper then natural stone. Knoves are very easy to get nice even finish with Red or Green aoto slurry and 400/600 sand paper.

sandpaper and finger stones is what i've used on my Shig, but i've never gotten quite that nice of a finish. probably just not enough grease, on my part.

sandpaper and finger stones is what i've used on my Shig, but i've never gotten quite that nice of a finish. probably just not enough grease, on my part.
I like the red /green aoto before finger stones, gives smoother finish IMO.

I like the red /green aoto before finger stones, gives smoother finish IMO.

i'll give that a shot the next time i thin my Shig, thanks for the suggestion!

and i had meant to say "not enough elbow grease," in post 25. :)

nice polishing job! what was the process?

Cheers ;)

Indeed I used sndpaper and then mud fron naturals.

Thinned with 1k, then polished scratches out wth binsui, and that is it, next stage was sanding with paper.
400 grit to begin with, then 800 grit, and then mud out of the fingertones [I make it on a DMT] with the 800 paper.
Then mud with a piece of wet felt.

Couldnt really tell what naturals get involved. First thing is that I never remember their names second thing is I go by the feel. Some fingerstones I have are very hard and they dont fit this soft soft cladding, but I have something softer and sandey I used, and one other similar in looks to my ohira [one of the few I remembered :D]

You basically want to polish up to the matte you like with a different combinations. This now looks little bit to light for me, but soon patina covers it anyway

Thank you for your description Bieniek and it's very nice work. I would like this knife to buy if I hadn't got one already. I think I had sent you a PM before as you seem a good polisher with knives.

Some people suggest fingerstones for polishing and Bieniek said that he uses the mud of fingerstones. Does anyone use the fingerstones directly on the blade? I haven't got any fingerstones but I am curious how I can use.

Cheers!

Thanks man. Too kind of you I strongly believe that its easy if you pay enough attention and try hard.

You can use fingerstnes on a blade. Problem starts when you try that on machine polished/buffed blades on which sides are appearing to be flat yet when you polish with fingerstones, they reveal all the ugly uneveness.

I prefer to just use mud cause its harder to damage what youve already done.
I dont care whats more traditional in Japan and if I should wear a kimono. My goal is the finish on the blade. :whistling:

Back