Quantcast
Musk Ox Boss sections, scales and slabs.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Musk Ox Boss sections, scales and slabs.

Musk Ox Boss sections, scales and slabs.

Hello and good day. I am offering these here on a first come first serve basis. Because these are irregular in shape. I measure on the smallest sides. so these are larger then stated. This assures you that the pieces are a minimum of the sizes listed. All of these horns are 3+ years dry and ready to use.

WORKING WITH Musk Ox horn..
    When the horn gets to you. Its best to acclimate it to your climate. if there is a bow or the piece/s are not true. Put them on the oven on 300 for 5 minutes and then clamp them firmly between 2 flat objects. This will set them flat in the event the bow.
    When I work with this horn and any horn for that matter. I seal the material with thin CA glue. then sand flat again. I may do this 3 to 5 times throughout the time I am drying the material. and then again many times as I am shaping and working it into a handle. What this does is fills the pores and helps to stabilize the material. Finally after I have everything set and shaped and final sanded. I always apply 3 to 6 coats of hardwax with again adds a layer of protection and helps with stability. Musk ox can be a challenge to work with, yet the rewards and the look of the finished material is well worth the extra efforts! I will be happy to answer any questions you may have about working with it. Shoot me a email or private message.

I accept PayPal and prices do not include shipping costs. US shipping is normally around 6.00 but can be more depending on size and weight. and international shipping is 24.00 but could be more depending on size and weight.

Enough of the small talk lets look at some Musk Ox horn.

Block BB1 is a awesome piece that measures 8 X 2 X 1 1/4" Asking 340.00

Block BB2 and BB3 are from same horn and will be sold as a set.
    BB2 is 4 1/2 X 2 X 1 1/4" and BB3 is 4 X 1 1/2 X 1 1/4 Measured on the smaller side. asking 250.00 for both

Scale sets B1 B2 and B3 are cut for folders.

B1 measures 3 1/2 X 1 1/2 X .177" asking 60.00

B2 measures 4 " X 1 3/4 X .185" asking 70.00

B3 measures 4 1/2+ X 2+ X .125" asking 80.00

Slabs B4 measures 6 X 1 1/2 X .335" Asking 165.00

Slabs B5 measures 5.5 X 2 1/4 X .335" Asking 175.00

Slabs B6 measures 5 X 1 3/4 X .365" Asking 210.00 SOLD Thanks BF!!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

HHH Custom Knives T Shirts.

Wish I could afford it...

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Maybe next time Pierre.

BB2 and BB3 as well as B4 and B5 are no longer available. Thanks KKF!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

WOW

Did you just sell all of my handles?

Quote Originally Posted by ejd53 View Post
    Did you just sell all of my handles?
    Nope!! Not yet! lol JK.

Its that ime of year again.. GREENLAND GOLD! http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...ight=greenland

That some good looking horn......Sadly I spent all my cash at the Badger Show.

Set B1 is no longer available..

B2 and B3 are no longer available.. Thanks KKF.

ALL the pieces from the first post are no longer available. And will be coming to a knife near you SOON!!

NEW

Hello and good day. I am offering these here on a first come first serve basis. Because these are irregular in shape. I measure on the smallest sides. so these are larger then stated. This assures you that the pieces are a minimum of the sizes listed. All of these horns are 3+ years dry and ready to use.

My photos dont represent the true color of these. They are a beautiful golden color. not the dull color my camera showed. I think its the background or the camera settings. but I just wanted to let ya know. This stuff is a nice golden translucent color like musk ox horn should be.

WORKING WITH Musk Ox horn..
    When the horn gets to you. Its best to acclimate it to your climate. if there is a bow or the piece/s are not true. Clamp them to something flat for a couple of days and then CA glue them and sand them just to flat again. This will help to stabilize the material as well as keep them flat.

When I work with this horn and any horn for that matter. I seal the material with thin CA glue. then sand flat again. I may do this 3 to 5 times throughout the time I am drying the material. and then again many times as I am shaping and working it into a handle. What this does is fills the pores and helps to stabilize the material. Finally after I have everything set and shaped and final sanded. I always apply 3 to 6 coats of hardwax with again adds a layer of protection and helps with stability. Musk ox can be a challenge to work with, yet the rewards and the look of the finished material is well worth the extra efforts! I will be happy to answer any questions you may have about working with it. Shoot me a email or private message.

I accept PayPal and prices do not include shipping costs. US shipping is normally around 6.00 but can be more depending on size and weight. and international shipping is 24.00 but could be more depending on size and weight.

Enough of the small talk lets look at some Musk Ox horn.

Set A measures. approx 5 X 2 X .275" Asking $140.00

Set B measures approx. 6.5 X 2.5 X .280" Asking $175.00

Set C measures approx 3.5 X 2 X .167" Asking $75.00

Set D measures approx 4 X 2 X .166" Asking $80.00

Set E measures approx 4 X 2 X .163" Asking $65.00

Set F measures approx 4.5 X 2 X .160" Asking $65.00

+ Reply to Thread