Quantcast
What is your favorite sous vide dish? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite sous vide dish?

Quote Originally Posted by cookinstuff View Post
    beef cheeks, and not sous vide, but 62.5 c eggs.
    Oooh I love 63 degree eggs!!!
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

yes, egg shooters, gotta do some tomorrow, I always toss a couple extra in.

i was about to say eggs as well but then i guess a lot of people have been mentioning it already. lol.

Favorite of mine is sv. Spinalis Dorsi. Best tasting part of the cow. Give it 24hrs and than sear it in some plugra. Or 48hr duck leg confit. 72hr short rib it's one of our biggest sellers, as well as the 48hr pork belly. Holy crap I'm on holiday hours overload, mind can't decide... Flank is also good. Leave it whole and give it 24hrs then just "kiss" it in a hot pan with plugra on both sides to caramelize. However,I do not recommend grilling it, you'll definitely lose some of that tenderness you just worked so hard to achieve via the sous vide. Oh, and custards are a lot fun sous vide, especially if you have an ice cream machine.

King crab.

In a bag with lemon thyme, lemon zest, good olive oil, whole peppercorns, garlic clove or two and dill.
    All chilled, vacumized and then 5 minutes in 58.7 C.
    Chilled again, and used next day. Sear in butter until golden brown. Glaze with lemon.

Engorged Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marc4pt0 View Post
    Favorite of mine is sv. Spinalis Dorsi. Best tasting part of the cow. Give it 24hrs and than sear it in some plugra. Or 48hr duck leg confit. 72hr short rib it's one of our biggest sellers, as well as the 48hr pork belly. Holy crap I'm on holiday hours overload, mind can't decide... Flank is also good. Leave it whole and give it 24hrs then just "kiss" it in a hot pan with plugra on both sides to caramelize. However,I do not recommend grilling it, you'll definitely lose some of that tenderness you just worked so hard to achieve via the sous vide. Oh, and custards are a lot fun sous vide, especially if you have an ice cream machine.
    I love Rib Eye Cap too! I agree its the best part of The Cow.
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

Salmon and lamp

My favourite is rabbit belly and leeks. Just salt and pepper wth the belly. Then cryo the leeks with salt, peppper, thyme and a shot of olive oil. Really good stuff.

Forgot octopus... Some shallots, carrots, celery, extra virgin, orange zest, salt pepper and maybe coriander. After you chill and clean them, just grill them to heat up, toss with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil salt and pepper. Perfectly tender and delicious.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Beef cheek. A light confit salt and then 75c for 16 hrs is gold.

I like using sous-vide for things in which it makes a really big difference. I wouldn't normally eat chicken breast, but 65c for an hour or so in some lemon infused olive oil for a really nice free range breast is just awesome.