• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS Zensho Glestain Yoshikane and more

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bieniek

Banned
Reaction score
Glestain 21 cm Gyuto

Got that one with the “tip” broken. By that I mean it was 24cm knife…once…
When I got it I thought I could keep it, so it was personal project.

So I fixed it. Sharpened, thinned, remodeled handle a little, but this was a task that overpowered me. I surrendered. This damn buttcap is my worst knife-nightmare. Who and how thought of installing this to japanese knife? The balance is a drama. I know its possible to remove it, I just dont have the tools required.
Polished just enough to make this knife usable. Check pics.

Saya is homemade, quite polished. Fits quite tight. I like woodwork so it was made with love.

Reason for selling? I know this is not what youre regular salesman would have told ya :clown:
I don’t like stainless. And if I need one, that would not be Glestain
I honestly have to say, the dimples are working. I was sceptical but in fact nothing sticks. So thats a big plus. When it comes to cutting its OK. The flat side gets stuck a little, which is a little annoying.
The edge it takes is OK, but really, what can I know? How it holds the edge, I dont know cause recently I found out I cannot remove wire edge so my opinion is unimportant. Just remember: I cannot sharpen either! :wink:

150$

Beznbsptytu1420u_zps44029664.jpg

DSCN0061_zps6bbc45ab.jpg

DSCN0063_zps17db9e63.jpg

DSCN0064_zps12932c0c.jpg

DSCN0065_zps389e22e0.jpg

DSCN0068_zps652c49b8.jpg

DSCN0070_zpsba4286e8.jpg

DSCN0071_zps2d6359fb.jpg

DSCN0072_zps33261cc9.jpg

DSCN0074_zps3d8c1e98.jpg

Zensho Nakiri 180mm

Little used. With homemade saya. Bought at Maksims Gathering last year - or was it this year?:scared4:

This knife is quite good cutter, I used it to prepare vegetables for Christmas and I really like it, very similar to Shigefusa. Not much sticks thanks to the grind but there is some wedging.
Selling cause I just have too many knives and don’t use it often enough to justify having. And too good blade to keep home.
Recently thinned but sides are not polished [photos]
Very very thin behind edge.

150$

DSCN0032_zps7de22010.jpg

DSCN0033_zpsfc9bd149.jpg

DSCN0035_zps8461523e.jpg

DSCN0036_zpsbdd6b2a8.jpg

DSCN0042_zpsf118008c.jpg

DSCN0045_zps08c25ef1.jpg

zensho_zps36188a12.jpg

Yoshikane 150 SKD Petty

This knife is fully refurbished now.
You can check what I did to it here:

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/8524-Yoshikane-petty-thinning-job?highlight=

Blade was thinned like hell, polished and sharpened. Saya got polished.
The only thing is not done properly is handle installation. The only way I could do it is by glueing it, and I know this is a no-no for some folks.

With the amount of work I did, and new chestnut handle [you can get the standard too, if you wish]

150 $

DSCN0047_zps9f988abc.jpg

DSCN0048_zpsad62b151.jpg

DSCN0050_zpsa32ca085.jpg

DSCN0052_zpsade632d3.jpg

DSCN0056_zpse89ad512.jpg

DSCN0057_zps3238c653.jpg

yoshi_zps7b790821.jpg

Payment using paypal. I can take paypal costs, but buyer pays postage. Im not sure whether I have all the original boxes.
Open for trading, looking for single bevels.

Yoshihiro Jonkasumi ;) 210 mm

Very nice blade. Straight.
It really is a workhorse, and it indeed was used like one.
My first deba. I just feel like I grew up out of it. Want an upgrade.
But as a first deba this one is great, I havent chipped edge even once. Just a tip few times.
It went through many flukes, halibuts, salmons, trouts, turbots, cods, pike perches even arctic chars you name it.
At the end of the day, this is a fish country.
Well looked after.

The handle and saya got vacuumized with linseed oil. The effect is better grip and no water problems.

Front polished to a “next to” mirror. Bevel flattened first with DMT, then polished.
Back side in good condition, opened up.
Lots of life left in that one.

200 $

DSCN0087_zps1a017d4d.jpg

DSCN0089_zps50d93550.jpg

DSCN0090_zps330022c6.jpg

DSCN0093_zpsfc3278fa.jpg

Mitsuhide Ichimonji Hongasumi 180 Flat Deba

Bought from Bishamon. Had really big plans for that one, sad reality is that many times I dont have time to use many knives at my station, due to lack of space.

But as I suspected, this doesnt work any good on flat fish, like turbot or halibut, but it really rocks salmon and trout. The thin tip is excellent, and the flat edge really helps to get the job done. It takes a while to get used to it, but after that its pure joy.
The steel is better than in Yoshihiro, gets sharper easier. Havent noticed chipping.
All I did was polishing of the bevel, you can see wone spot which is lower than the rest [like a too deep grinding job but not dangerous] but overally bevel is nice and flat and polished. As with the other one, back is nice and flat and just about opened.
I upgraded to Masamoto Mioroshi, cause I lacked some edge length for a salmon cutter. We get really huge-arse salmon these days

I also made scrap-saya, cause I was planning for this knife to stay. The saya is birchwood and redwood.

150$

DSCN0095_zpse0230ef9.jpg

DSCN0096_zpsdb0818c5.jpg

DSCN0099_zps63415c6a.jpg

DSCN0100_zpsdd0a4906.jpg

DSCN0102_zpsadcd0af9.jpg

DSCN0105_zpsfcc583b3.jpg

DSCN0106_zps3f508371.jpg

DSCN0109_zps9cf1246b.jpg

deba Yoshihiro really sweet price, why do not you have posted this before, I bought a few days ago :slaphead:

Vlad, I had buyer for debas and Glestain in the other country [Poland] but it seems like I have to wait forever. I already been holding off for last 2 months with that Yoshihiro.
The guy bought 3 knives off me before so its especially weird.

To all interested folks:
I want to keep the situation as clear as I can with postage costs.
Here it is:
- The cheapest letter without tracking will be 40 dollars. Before I have had success with this one, Ive sent Masamoto yanagi, Ichimonji yanagi, Hiromoto gyuto this way and all of them arrived safely to destination. But the only confirmation I get for sending is piece of paper with actual cost of postage and destination country, theres no way to track it.

The express package something similar to EMS with tracking is 60 bucks [345 norwegian kroner!]

I agree to charge buyers 30, should any decide to use a letter.

Im sorry to check it after posting the offers.

I upgraded to Masamoto Mioroshi, cause I lacked some edge length for a salmon cutter

im sorry, i dnt understand )
this one not too good for 8-10kg salmons and you have Mioroshi for these fish?

yes, cause this one is 182 mm edge length and the Masamoto I bought is 225mm with 215mm edge length. Plus less tall. So I can clean the fillets with it also.

must see video on that masamoto when you break down a big salmon :D

if sale falls through on petty, would like to be next in line :)

Petty is sold and off it went o monday.

Really hope buyer likes it.

Glestain 110
Zensho 140
Mitsuhide 140
Uraku continues at 200

The yoshi petty is quite the kickass little knife.

Thanks Mike!

If I hadn't already bought a Zensho nakiri last summer I'd go for this one--it's a super fun knife and I expect whoever picks it up will have a great time with it!

Glestain 120 shipped or I just throw it in the sea. What a waste of good wood.

Zensho 160 shipped.

Smaller deba 150 shipped.

Posted in unregistered letters.

Glestain 100 shipped
Zensho 150 shipped
Mitsuhide 130 shipped

Someone buy that Zensho 140 shipped in unregistered letter!!!!

Glestain made a decent gift.

Bieniek, is the Glestain still available? $100 shipped to the US?
-Doug

No, sorry, it made a great gift for my sister, or more for the husband of hers! ;)

Back