Quantcast
Visit to Guns Plus, Spring Lake, NC - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Visit to Guns Plus, Spring Lake, NC

amazing how different the gun situation is up here compared to you guys down south

Yep. The first two gun "megastores" that I ever saw were the two large Tamiami Gun Shop locations in Miami and the Kittery Trading Post in Kittery, Maine back in the mid to late 70's and early 80's. Tamiami was the first place I saw that had LOT of "black guns" and Kittery had and still has from what I have seen, a lot of high end and custom hunting rifles and shotguns. Big stores of boht types became more common in the 80's and we eventually ended up with chaines like Cabelas, Bass Pro, Gander, etc moving in on that biz. The hihg end stores are more rare now. The lcosest one to me may be Kevins in Tallahassee, FL and Thomasville, GA. Bass Pro moved many their highest of end guns from their fine gun rooms around the country back to the main store in Missouri a while back.,
    Quote Originally Posted by Notaskinnychef View Post
    amazing how different the gun situation is up here compared to you guys down south

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Plenty of ammo for you guys up here in the Inland Northwest. Our pawn shops are bursting at the seams with guns as well. Come enjoy the scenery, catch a trout in the river, and shoot the local stumps why don't ya?

Not for long, I suspect. the real shortages are in calibers like 9mm, .45 ACP, .223 and .308 as perviously mentioned. Not sure .40, .357 and some of the others are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by quantumcloud509 View Post
    Plenty of ammo for you guys up here in the Inland Northwest. Our pawn shops are bursting at the seams with guns as well. Come enjoy the scenery, catch a trout in the river, and shoot the local stumps why don't ya?

I recently sold off six guns via armslist. My email has blown up from interest. I sold them for fair value, but I think I could have gone higher....

Decided a concealed handgun, a larger frame handgun, a shotgun and a rifle are more than enough.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Guns for many of my friends are like knives to me. What do you mean I "have enough".

+ Reply to Thread