Quantcast
Store with affordable international shipping? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Store with affordable international shipping?

No problems at all when I've ordered from JCK.

Does anyone know where you might pick up second hand blades in the UK? Somewhere like eBay, but not eBay as you can't sell knives on .co.uk.

Any British brands like Old Hickory/Forgecraft knocking about?

Quote Originally Posted by rdm_magic View Post

Does anyone know where you might pick up second hand blades in the UK? Somewhere like eBay, but not eBay as you can't sell knives on .co.uk.
    Na not really. The odd time you'll get one of the few UK members here posting things in BST, but not often.

Hmm, makes me wish I was from the states lol

Check out amazon.co.UK they ship free in the UK and sell forschner that was for rdm but amazon ships to Argentina cheap but it takes like 20 days

what about local brands? mundial that kind of thing? dont they sell victorinox/forschner over there?

JCK is great as its $7 via ems (2 days japan to uk) no matter how many knives you buy.

Means its sometimes as cheap with postage to buy new from JCK instead of buying second hand from us.

Here we have Boker Arbolito but as usual when it comes to quality price ratio in Argentina it's not very good. For the same price of the BA I can get in Victorinox which I believe are better regarded. Im not looking second hand. I'll check Amazon UK. Did not find any store in Amazon us that accepted international shipping, perhaps won't be the case with UK.

I'm looking for a nice kitchen set to take with me in my new apartment, I'm not a chef, don't want to buy supermarket crap but neither Japanese Damascus, lol.

I'll

Ok what about this for an idea your forschner/victorinox are what $90 and postage from uk will be more than likely say $20 at least.... So your at around $110 dollars..

Try The fujiwara FKM. http://japanesechefsknife.com/FKMSer...EIGHT:%20236px

No.10 Gyuto (chefs) 240mm: $83.00

No.1 Petty 120mm Cutting edge length: 120mm $40.00

Postage to argentina = $7

Total cost $130.

Pick up a cheap bread knife locally an thats you sorted for a pretty wide selection of tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by rdm_magic View Post
    Hmm, makes me wish I was from the states lol
    Is there any reason that you can't buy used from the states and just have the seller ship to you? **If your package was declared as a gift then you'd probably have no problems with customs.
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

No reason, postage just works out 30-40$ making any great deal not so great. Seems weird that postage is so expensive, but it is.

my country's super money grubbing corrupt customs officers often still tax me even if it was declared as a gift. retard buttmunchers they are. lol. i hates them.

i would find a way around that. i found a 3rd party courier that skips the getting taxed bit, they probably have a good contact at customs and that guy gets all the money. =D

+ Reply to Thread