Store with affordable international shipping?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GAZ082

Reaction score
Hello guys. I'm interested in getting the famous Victorinox 8" Chef, 8" bread and 3.75 or 4 paring knives but all online sellers i looked seem to charge 45-100 USD in shipping costs to Argentina. Do you know of any reputable store with affordable shipping? My alternative is looking on eBay where each knife shipping is about 10 usd which is the standard rate i'm used to pay.

Thanks a lot and happy new year!

Not for Victorinox, but for Japanese knives:
japanesechefsknife.com
applies a flat rate of US$7

Thanks Benu, awesome site for 100+ USD blades. A coworker loved it :), but i'm looking for more mundane knives, ie, the 3 knives i plan to get from Victorinox are less than 90 USD in total!

Not for Victorinox, but for Japanese knives:
japanesechefsknife.com
applies a flat rate of US$7

Hey fellow countryman, that is cheap! I guess that is ordinary mail? Any idea what they charge for mail with track-and-trace?

From their site:

We will basically ship your order
directly from Japan via EMS (speed
post, insured). It will usually take
only 3-5 days to arrive you. As soon
as the shipment is made, we will e-
mail you the EMS tracking number,
and you can trace it at EMS Trace

Wow! Do you have experience with them? Sounds almost too good to be true.

chinacats

Quote Originally Posted by Benuser View Post
Yes, serious guy, reliable, trustworthy.
Also communicates well by email if you need more info.

I totally agree. It´s been a while since last time I bought something from him but shipping and comunication have always been amazing and I am sure that hasn´t change.

Un saludo

No problems at all when I've ordered from JCK.

Does anyone know where you might pick up second hand blades in the UK? Somewhere like eBay, but not eBay as you can't sell knives on .co.uk.

Any British brands like Old Hickory/Forgecraft knocking about?

Does anyone know where you might pick up second hand blades in the UK? Somewhere like eBay, but not eBay as you can't sell knives on .co.uk.

Na not really. The odd time you'll get one of the few UK members here posting things in BST, but not often.

Check out amazon.co.UK they ship free in the UK and sell forschner that was for rdm but amazon ships to Argentina cheap but it takes like 20 days

what about local brands? mundial that kind of thing? dont they sell victorinox/forschner over there?

JCK is great as its $7 via ems (2 days japan to uk) no matter how many knives you buy.

Means its sometimes as cheap with postage to buy new from JCK instead of buying second hand from us.

Here we have Boker Arbolito but as usual when it comes to quality price ratio in Argentina it's not very good. For the same price of the BA I can get in Victorinox which I believe are better regarded. Im not looking second hand. I'll check Amazon UK. Did not find any store in Amazon us that accepted international shipping, perhaps won't be the case with UK.

I'm looking for a nice kitchen set to take with me in my new apartment, I'm not a chef, don't want to buy supermarket crap but neither Japanese Damascus, lol.

I'll

Ok what about this for an idea your forschner/victorinox are what $90 and postage from uk will be more than likely say $20 at least.... So your at around $110 dollars..

Try The fujiwara FKM. http://japanesechefsknife.com/FKMSeries.html#WIDTH: 400px; HEIGHT: 236px

No.10 Gyuto (chefs) 240mm: $83.00

No.1 Petty 120mm Cutting edge length: 120mm $40.00

Postage to argentina = $7

Total cost $130.

Pick up a cheap bread knife locally an thats you sorted for a pretty wide selection of tasks.

Hmm, makes me wish I was from the states lol

Is there any reason that you can't buy used from the states and just have the seller ship to you? **If your package was declared as a gift then you'd probably have no problems with customs. ;)

No reason, postage just works out 30-40$ making any great deal not so great. Seems weird that postage is so expensive, but it is.

my country's super money grubbing corrupt customs officers often still tax me even if it was declared as a gift. retard buttmunchers they are. lol. i hates them.

i would find a way around that. i found a 3rd party courier that skips the getting taxed bit, they probably have a good contact at customs and that guy gets all the money. =D

thank goodness i found that courier. but it only works in the USA. other countries, i still have to stick with regular shipping. i gotta talk to that customs officer and make some sort of mutually beneficial arrangement. =D

Ok what about this for an idea your forschner/victorinox are what $90 and postage from uk will be more than likely say $20 at least.... So your at around $110 dollars..

Try The fujiwara FKM. http://japanesechefsknife.com/FKMSeries.html#WIDTH: 400px; HEIGHT: 236px

Total cost $130.

Pick up a cheap bread knife locally an thats you sorted for a pretty wide selection of tasks.

Sound suggestion,Forschner is not a bad knife,but the Fujiwara has much better geometry,cost a little more than a Forsch.,but a good blade.If that postage is correct to Argentina for a 240 & petty,I agree

I'll check them. I dont mind to extend my budged a little more if i get quality. The con of that website is that offers so obscure brands to knives newbies like me! :)

Total cost $130.

Mmm, those blades do not have symmetric cutting angles, am i right? Its 30/70 instead of 50/50. Doesnt that restricts its flexibility in what to cut and make it harder to sharpen?

I wouldnt worry too much, 50/50 and 30/70 isnt a great deal apart!

Asymmetric sharpening is much faster: with some degree of exageration, one could say you sharpen only the right side and deburr the left one. And from time to time you add a few strokes to recenter the edge a little.

Well guys, i just closed my eyes and hit the PURCHASE button! Got a Fujiwara 210 mm Gyuto and a 12mm Petty knives. 7 USD shipping for BOTH items from JAPAN to Argentina is NUTS! :)

Hope customs does not get annoyed by the value over 100 bucks and makes me pay 50% import tax rate. So far, with non courier shipments only national posts and under 100 bucks i had not trouble at all and got all packages tax free to my work.

Thank you guys! Now i'll have to look resources about how to take care of these beauties...

Congratulations! About maintenance, you've found the right place to ask, I would think. And you made my day by calling the brands JCK carries 'obscure'.

Contact JCK (their communication via email is great) and ask them to label as a gift, something like 25 or 50 dollars. That's what I did and that way you are safe on customs. They did it without issue and my knife arrived to canada in 3 days, very pleased with JCK

Latest posts

Back