Media A Look Inside Korin Trading

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThEoRy

Founding Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;l22Va6YnfQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l22Va6YnfQc&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

Everytime I go there, I really wish I was rich. :rolleyes2:

ThEoRy; Did you buy anything or was this just recon for an upcoming shopping spree?

Nothing major, I was in the area so...I got a fish scaler. a couple of large black and red bento boxes, a couple of black and red soup bowls with matching Asian spoons and 2 pairs of really nice chopsticks.

Nice! You showed excellent restraint,much more than I would have.Beautiful store.Wish we had something like that up here( or maybe I'm lucky we don't).. :D

Lol anyone notice the $6000 stone down in the corner? Good thing you don't have one of these near you.

Waaay too many super cool pieces in just one place. So many stand outs it's just ridiculous.

The Hayate were really nice, Aoko Mizu-Honyaki, Togiharu with Ebony, Masamoto Mirror Finish. etc etc

They said the Hayate light on display were the final ones. "Master doesn't really make knives anymore. And only for his personal pleasure, not for sale."

Could be true, he is really old now.

Wow! $6000.!! I thought it said $600. The price on that Hayate is really not too bad($600.) considering he won't be making any more(if the story is true) and they're likely to become collector items.

Are prices are korin competitive or a bit higher than what normal internet?

They have a good price IMO. And if you can wait, once or twice a year they have a 15% sale. Btw, I went there last week and notice a significant increasing price on japanese knife. I was shocked that nenox 285mm corian suji cost $615 now.

hey theory where are u working at? Are you hiring? would love to do a stage at your restaurant haha.

Back