Monkfish - what is this?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
never had monkfish that wasn't already butchered. But doing some looking on u tube for butchering one the guy pretty much says its the liver (if I am looking at your pic. right)

[video=youtube;5cNjPZS5VCw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cNjPZS5VCw[/video]

at about 2:10 it looks like he has some smaller ones.

Nice! ;)

BTW, the monk fish and liver were very tasty. A little salt and pepper, sauteed in clarified butter with some thyme. If nothing else, gave me an excuse to use my deba. I love how sharp white gets.

Tried butter poaching some scallops for the fist time, I like them better with a sear.

So you ate fish nads?:lol2:
Nice! ;)

BTW, the monk fish and liver were very tasty. A little salt and pepper, sauteed in clarified butter with some thyme. If nothing else, gave me an excuse to use my deba. I love how sharp white gets.

Tried butter poaching some scallops for the fist time, I like them better with a sear.

what you ate in that picture was not the liver. The liver on monk fish looks similar to foie gras and has a whitish pink color and silky velvety texture. It is not attached to the area shown here. What you ate is most likely the monk fishes gonads. here are some monkfish liver pics.

monkfish.jpg

monkfish2.jpg

BWAH, HA, HA, HA!!!!! Told ya.:lol2:
what you ate in that picture was not the liver. The liver on monk fish looks similar to foie gras and has a whitish pink color and silky velvety texture. It is not attached to the area shown here. What you ate is most likely the monk fishes gonads. here are some monkfish liver pics.

lol someone needs to tell the guy in the video what he thinks the liver is.

Back