AU members, any interest in CCK carbon slicer?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schanop

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am heading to Hong Kong at the end of January for a few days and will try to make a visit to Chan Chi Kee probably to get CCK 1103 carbon slicer. 1103 would be comparable in size to Sugimoto #6 which, for me, is at a nice size and weight. I had CCK 1111 before. It is a huge stainless steel slicer that has fairly thin grind. Its balance is quite forward though due to a large chunk of steel in front of light handle. After many months with it, I didn't quite like it enough and now it is (still?) with Dusty.

I probably can bring back a couple more CCK carbon slicers (not chopper because of heavier weight, and not stainless steel because of ...)
If any one is interested, post your intention here or PM me. Can't promise I can give CCK a visit. But if I can get something you want, from http://www.chanchikee.com/ChineseKnives.html, then you can pay me later for the actual goods plus shipping or pick up from Sydney.

There is a place in Sydney that stocks some CCK and Shibazi cleavers, although its price is a little bit (probably close to double) more than retail price in Hong Kong.

Would have been all over that, just ordered 1303 couple of days ago. Cost $58 all up. Do i need a bigger one aswell?.... Probably not. Have fun!

That's a really nice offer schanop. Just got myself an usuba for slicing duties and don't really use a chopper that much. Lots of Australian action happening on this forum. I guess in this case there's an advantage being part of the Asia Pacific rim where a lot of these knives are made.

I live 10 minutes away from Pacific Mall where there is a CCK retail location.

I live 10 minutes away from Pacific Mall where there is a CCK retail location.

Besides the CCK store, they also sell CCK in a lot of other chinese restaurant suppliers and stores in GTA and also other cities, as I've read here.

Is it really hard to find CCK in similar stores in AU?

Yeah, they're pretty rare, and expensive. I found a small slicer a few years back and paid too much for it (nearly eighty dollars I think).

Schanop, I do still have your 1111, have fun in Hong Kong!

I guess so. Out of many places that I have been to in Sydney, only have seen CCK in stock at Fortuna Kitchenware, who also stocks some Shibazi cleavers, in Hurstville and Campsie.

I don't recall anyone else (on the top of my head) saying that they have seen CCK in stock anywhere from the time of KF, FF, and here on KKF.

Hi schanop,
Are you already back in AUS? If not, I would love to get one of the 1103 from you.
Have been looking for CCK in Melb but I just gave up. :(

Cheers,
Jay

Just came back this morning. Due to lots of missus' family duties and a young baby, I didn't have a chance to visit CCK. Travelling to Mong Kok/Yau Ma Tai from Tin Hau where we stayed would have been a bit of a stretch for the bub.

Have been looking for CCK in Melb but I just gave up. :(

I've not checked myself but have you looked in the kitchen supply shops in Footscray and on Victoria St? There are two really well supplied shops towards the eastern side of Victoria St. Best carbon woks from one of them!

Hope you had some really good dim sum in Honkers Schanop!

Last edited:
Chef Land on the Victoria St (near the corner of Church st) has CCKs, they're just in the cabinet behind the counter. I picked up a 1303 a year or so ago, at the time they only had carbon in the smaller size and stainless in small and large models. They are kinda pricey but probably no worse than paying for shipping as well, think mine was about $50.

Also carry Shibazi and Double Lion.

Cheers,
Josh

Ah, I didn't know you replied until today, schanop!! I had some disaster on my PC and just started using it again very recently.
Glad you had a safe trip at least. :) I can imagine how hard it'll be to travel with your bub. When I was there last time just with my wife, it was already too tiring for me... Anyway, I just ordered CCK 1102 from a Chinese online website called ChefMall and will see how it goes.

Back