Quantcast
Whats your prep/warm up kitchen playlist? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats your prep/warm up kitchen playlist?

Our morning crew is almost always classic rock but for dinner service we are really random. During Marathon Week (Dec. 26 - New Year Eve) we played all Beastie Boys, it just fit the mood for our 6 straight days of 15 hour shifts. It even spawned our mantra for the week when "No Sleep Till Brookyln" became "No Sleep Till Tuesday". This week there was alot of Modest Mouse (my doing), The White Stripes (my grill cook) and old school rap from the dishwasher.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Gotta go with some yacht rock classics like Christopher Cross or anything Michael McDonald. Just to see how grumpy it makes people.
    Actually we very rarely listen to tunes. I kinda miss it. Good music makes me more productive but can be distracting or irritating to others. I try to be cognizant of other people and don't make them suffer through music I know they won't understand.
    I also hate suffering if someone wants to crank Dave Matthews or Nickelback or some garbage!
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    From 4 to 5 am, I don't listen to much besides the hoods and the bacon cooking. 5 to 6:30, I go big and loud and bumping... lately it's been IM's Army of Mushrooms. 6:30 on, the second cook and first server shows up, so I let them play with the box until the final hump near the end of the day, when--like Chuckles--I'll put on Ace of Bass or freaking Paula Abdul or SNAP, just to mess with people and keep them from taking too seriously!
    I could totally work in that kitchen.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckfat View Post
    Even in the silence I can hear the Ramones jammin in the back of my head.......I wanna be sedated.
    Yep comes up every now and then.
    Chewie's the man.

Lol, depends on who gets in first, if my cooks do then its Grupo Laberinto radio on Pandora, if I do I usually start with a chill dubstep and by mid day have it swithced to 80's. Evening usually goes to classic rock or Laberinto again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmadams13 View Post
    ^where abouts in MD?
    Glenelg, MD. Bistro Blanc is the name of our place.

I snapped about a year ago during my third open to close shift in a row and blasted Night Ranger's "Sister Christian" for something like seven hours. The service staff that worked that day still aren't ready to talk about it.

Typically, I start the day with something pretty chilled, perhaps dubby or trip-hop. In the mid-morning, minimal techno or progressive trance. After lunch, something really dynamic, psy-trance or a banging mash-up set. Usually a sing-along to pack down and scrub the kitchen, old radiohead, wilco or recently some Richard Cheese. Its a pretty eclectic day in my kitchen.

lots of new orleans bounce(local rap) atleast when were closing the kitchen. daytime music is more relaxed like greg dulli(aghan whigs or twilight singers) neil young, interpol, against me! and plenty of other stuff im too old to recognize. its pretty common to burn mix cds or playlists at my job so even if one particular band or artist isnt popular with everybody atleast were not stuck listening to the same band for half an hour.
    side note: we took old 6x9 speakers from someones car and made a cabinet for them out of the carboard boxes the carbonated cokes come in. works really well. we have em in the walk in so you dont miss any of the music while your grabbing stuff for the line.

Today - Frisky radio. An internet radio station from japan that plays minimal and progressive techno. We're shut after a re-furb, re-opening on monday and started MEP today.

Ten hours straight internet radio on my phone, I'm not looking forward to this months bill.