Whats your prep/warm up kitchen playlist?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Total dark horse sleeper hit at work is the Ace of Bass pandora station. People are oddly productive while it's playing. I think its because they are ashamed to admit they are enjoying it and just keep quiet and work. I find it immensely entertaining to watch the magic.

Depends on how much I've slept the previous night. Shonen Knife 'Osaka Ramones' if I've had little/none; 'Workingman's Dead' if I slept enough.

Workingman's and American Beauty for sharpening...Wake of the Flood for prep

:D

When it's my turn to pick, it's Streetlight Manifesto pandora radio, or Finch pandora. When I'm alone in the kitchens on the days we are closed, its a little heavier, like Between the Buried And Me, or Coheed

Fugazi brings back high school memories. I was listening to Ramones radio yesterday. Lots of fugazi and misfits...

Rarely play music during prep or service unless its dead,
but we blast
hoyt axton greenback dollar right before service starts on busy ones,

When it's my turn, straight Pearl Jam. But I usually let the crew play their choice which includes reggae and even More popular, Rick Springfield Pandora, which luckily plays no Springfield.

When it's my turn, straight Pearl Jam. But I usually let the crew play their choice which includes reggae and even More popular, Rick Springfield Pandora, which luckily plays no Springfield.
lol it's funny how that happens. Any more I just listen to what someone else plays.

No music where I'm at and I like it that way

Total dark horse sleeper hit at work is the Ace of Bass pandora station. People are oddly productive while it's playing. I think its because they are ashamed to admit they are enjoying it and just keep quiet and work. I find it immensely entertaining to watch the magic.

That's hilarious, Chuckles. Reminds me of this scene from "Tommy Boy"

[video=youtube;JXBq0GBHyQI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXBq0GBHyQI[/video]

I listen to Nero or Zed's Dead station on pandora, they are dubstep since im sure not many people here listen to dubstep. but the playlist usually consits of nero, zeds dead, rusko, benga, datsik, bassnectar, and more

Even in the silence I can hear the Ramones jammin in the back of my head.......I wanna be sedated.

From 4 to 5 am, I don't listen to much besides the hoods and the bacon cooking. 5 to 6:30, I go big and loud and bumping... lately it's been IM's Army of Mushrooms. 6:30 on, the second cook and first server shows up, so I let them play with the box until the final hump near the end of the day, when--like Chuckles--I'll put on Ace of Bass or freaking Paula Abdul or SNAP, just to mess with people and keep them from taking everything too seriously.

Captain Hollywood Project. Remember that? You'd be surprised how many of your coworkers do too!

Our morning crew is almost always classic rock but for dinner service we are really random. During Marathon Week (Dec. 26 - New Year Eve) we played all Beastie Boys, it just fit the mood for our 6 straight days of 15 hour shifts. It even spawned our mantra for the week when "No Sleep Till Brookyln" became "No Sleep Till Tuesday". This week there was alot of Modest Mouse (my doing), The White Stripes (my grill cook) and old school rap from the dishwasher.

Gotta go with some yacht rock classics like Christopher Cross or anything Michael McDonald. Just to see how grumpy it makes people.
Actually we very rarely listen to tunes. I kinda miss it. Good music makes me more productive but can be distracting or irritating to others. I try to be cognizant of other people and don't make them suffer through music I know they won't understand.
I also hate suffering if someone wants to crank Dave Matthews or Nickelback or some garbage!

From 4 to 5 am, I don't listen to much besides the hoods and the bacon cooking. 5 to 6:30, I go big and loud and bumping... lately it's been IM's Army of Mushrooms. 6:30 on, the second cook and first server shows up, so I let them play with the box until the final hump near the end of the day, when--like Chuckles--I'll put on Ace of Bass or freaking Paula Abdul or SNAP, just to mess with people and keep them from taking too seriously!

I could totally work in that kitchen. ;)

Lol, depends on who gets in first, if my cooks do then its Grupo Laberinto radio on Pandora, if I do I usually start with a chill dubstep and by mid day have it swithced to 80's. Evening usually goes to classic rock or Laberinto again.

I snapped about a year ago during my third open to close shift in a row and blasted Night Ranger's "Sister Christian" for something like seven hours. The service staff that worked that day still aren't ready to talk about it.

Typically, I start the day with something pretty chilled, perhaps dubby or trip-hop. In the mid-morning, minimal techno or progressive trance. After lunch, something really dynamic, psy-trance or a banging mash-up set. Usually a sing-along to pack down and scrub the kitchen, old radiohead, wilco or recently some Richard Cheese. Its a pretty eclectic day in my kitchen.

lots of new orleans bounce(local rap) atleast when were closing the kitchen. daytime music is more relaxed like greg dulli(aghan whigs or twilight singers) neil young, interpol, against me! and plenty of other stuff im too old to recognize. its pretty common to burn mix cds or playlists at my job so even if one particular band or artist isnt popular with everybody atleast were not stuck listening to the same band for half an hour.
side note: we took old 6x9 speakers from someones car and made a cabinet for them out of the carboard boxes the carbonated cokes come in. works really well. we have em in the walk in so you dont miss any of the music while your grabbing stuff for the line.

Today - Frisky radio. An internet radio station from japan that plays minimal and progressive techno. We're shut after a re-furb, re-opening on monday and started MEP today.

Ten hours straight internet radio on my phone, I'm not looking forward to this months bill.

Back