Tojiro Flash DP Damascus Paring Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yamabushi

Reaction score
I'm looking for my first proper paring knife and am considering either the 9cm (FF-PA90) or 10cm (FF-PA100) length from the Tojiro DP Damascus Series. My primary attraction to these knives are their very comfortable handles. Beyond the 1cm difference in length, the main difference between the two is the shape of the blade, the 9cm being straight. I imagine that would also make it easier to sharpen consistently. My primary usage will be with apples and pares and such. Here in Tokyo I can get either for about 6000yen so cost isn't a significant factor. Any words of advice? What do you think?

If its just a choice between 3.5 and 4 inch, I would go 3.5. Noting the inhand work you plan to do, it will be adequate.

I have a couple Flash from years back, and use them in the home.
They are handle heavy. The fit and finish, especially the stainless insert in the handle, is not perfect. The steel is chippy.
That being said, they are decent performers with a nice damascus pattern.

If its just a choice between 3.5 and 4 inch, I would go 3.5. Noting the inhand work you plan to do, it will be adequate.

I have a couple Flash from years back, and use them in the home.
They are handle heavy. The fit and finish, especially the stainless insert in the handle, is not perfect. The steel is chippy.
That being said, they are decent performers with a nice damascus pattern.

Thank you for the feedback. As mentioned the ergonomic handle is the biggest attraction for me, the damascus doesn't really do much for me one way or the other. What else would you recommend that would be good steel (carbon or stainless) with good geometry and comfortable in hand without breaking the bank?

Latest posts

Back