New Stabilized Wood - Lower Prices

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I just re-opened our web-store today.
Lots of new stabilized wood and 2013 prices are lower than 2012.

During 2012 repeat customers and forum members could get a discount by entering a promotion code during check out.
But when I ran year end reports I found that was over 90% of the purchases. So instead of making you guys enter a special code, I just lowered the prices.
Now you don't have to enter any codes or anything else. I have also programmed the store software to automatically apply a volume discount for orders over $200 and an additional discount for purchases over $500. Now you don't have to do anything other than select the pieces you want and the store software gives you my best prices automatically.

I had a lot of new wood stabilized by K&G for the 2013 Store Re-Opening.
But....I am slower than I thought I would be. Cold weather and a flu virus or something have me going in slow motion.

These are the new stabilized pieces I added to the store today. More tomorrow and the days after.
This link will take you to the stabilized wood section of the store.

Karelian Birch from Russia

Ancient Bog Oak and Flamed Redwood

California Buckeye Burl

Redwood Burl

"Snakeskin" Spalted Sycamore

Nice looking stuff! I am a sucker for birch.

You are making me want to leArn how to do handles mark. Of course, I would need knives for tht...enabler! :)

Damn, I need more knives. That Douglas Fir caught me by surprise--thanks!

Aww... It was so fun and special-feeling to enter the repeat customer code...

Smeegol wants more amboynaseses.....ma Precioussssssss.:biggrin:

Excellent. I hope you have some more of the darker stuff like the scales I bought. That is among my favorite woods, but it has gotten scarce and kinda crazy expensive of late. About 6 or so years ago, I bought a stick of hard and heavy unstabilized burl that was 2 x 2 x 24 with zero voids. It was a big oddball size for this vendor (custom pool cue makers supply house) so he had it on a major sale for around $300 down from $350. Even at the time, it might have sold for $450-500 had it been cut into standard 1.5 x 5 x 3/8 knife handle scales and 1.5 x 1 blocks. At his current prices for standard 1.5 x 1.5 x 19 cue handle stock, my big piece would sell for around $650!!!!! Scarcity sucks!!!:lol2:
I have about a dozen stabilized blocks that I will be cleaning up in a few days.

The amboyna blocks should look a lot like the scales you got.

I need to apologize for being so dang slow getting the store re-stocked.
I have a lot of excuses but none of them are any good.
It is just freezing cold here and most of my work areas are outdoors under cover.
Plus.....I think my camera is possessed.
The photos are turning out worse than usual.

Today I added some Maple and Walnut blocks.

Yes, I snagged that dark red block of maple burl in the meantime , suckas!!!! Muah, ha, ha, ha!!! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back