Korin -- out of the box

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnimbelli

Reaction score
Hi Korin!

I have to say Vincent is an incredible asset to your team, especially for those of us looking for the low down on how and why you guys work the way you do. That being said, can you guys put together a thread that involves a basic out of the box sharpening tutorial?

What is the angle established on the different sides of the knife, directly out of the box for the togiharu and misono gyutou knives?

What are the angles for a santoku knife?

How long to grind each side? 7x front, 3x back?

Is it recommended to sharpen at 1000 OOTB or on a coarser stone? General stones for daily use? Etc.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say...
Charles

It's true; they have DVDs. Unfortunately, most of the material in the DVD is a) confusing and b) could benefit from better presentation.

Yea... The DVD is about 5-10 years old, so please excuse it. We're actually working on a knife sharpening youtube page, but yes I'll ask Vincent to help me put something together. Thank you so much for you compliment, I'm sure Vincent will be so very happy to hear. :)

I will have to get back to you for the answer tomorrow, because Korin is closed today.

Thanks!

Back