Quantcast
FS Kanemasa muki 180mm suitable as pet project or entry level single bevel vegie knife
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS Kanemasa muki 180mm suitable as pet project or entry level single bevel vegie knife

FS Kanemasa muki 180mm suitable as pet project or entry level single bevel vegie knife

Up for sale is Kanemasa muki 180mm from japan-blades in white steel. It has got some abused as I learned how to (and how not to) sharpen single bevel vegetable knife on this; tried my hands on polishing front and back side etc. And it has been in my block behaving as a little utility knife for doing stuffs with vegetables.

It's current state is that bevel is relatively even with hamaguriba grind, and somewhat bigger and wider than original. What you see in the picture was off an Ohira without any finger stone usage, and there are some fat/body oil smudge from my fingers here and there. Shinogi line is a little wavy.

Edge is straight for the bottom part (but not perfectly straight like a good ruler) and has more pronounced curve up towards the tip when compared with how it came originally (check japan-blades' photo). Ura is ok, still has a thin edge on the back edge side, a bit wide on the spine side. Handle is a fair bit dirty from sharpening and usage.

As a white steel vegetable knife, edge can get really really sharp, but would not be like that for long.

So, I really think this is a knife suitable as a pet project for some one who wants to try there hands on single bevel vegetable knife. $88USD shipped world wide, or $80AUD shipped within AU is a fair price, I think.

You posted 2 hours to late, or I would have snagged this from you. It's gonna make a good little project knife for someone I'm sure
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

PM'd you sir

Replied, +Pete.

$88 USD shipped world wide, paypal accepted.

If you were only a lefty. Just bought a left handed usuba. Regardless, it doesn't look like it'll last long.

Pete84 is in line, if he's not taking it then it goes to the second person already in line.

+Blobby, Maksim starts carrying left hand single bevels from Yoshikane at a very decent price :-)

Thanks shanop. Forgive my ignorance but, although I've heard his name mentioned a few times, which store does Maksim run? There are dozens out there and it's a bit confusing at times.

Maksim runs JNS (Japanese NaturalStones). See this page:

http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com...ves-s/1843.htm

for some Yoshikane lefty single bevels. He's got a lot of customers in Australia due to many many good reasons; fast and reasonable shipping via DHL from Denmark is just one of those. And BTW, price you see has 25% vat added, so what we pay is a bit less than what is shown on the page.

The size of my browser window when I opened up the forum meant that the subject to this post read: "FS Kanemasa muki 180mm suitable as pet".

but that would be taking knife love a little bit too seriously.

That happens to one of the browser I use too, LOL