Beer, beer, beer! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer, beer, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by rsalumbides View Post
    fav IPA's:
    Russian River Brewing - Pliny The Elder
    Ballast Point - Sculpin
    This man speaks the truth. Bear Republic's Racer 5 IPA and Firestone Walker's Union Jack are both great single IPA's that you might be able to find in Hawaii.

Yesterday 12:10 PMrsalumbides
    fav IPA's:
    Russian River Brewing - Pliny The Elder
    Ballast Point - Sculpin

If you like smoked meat, try this smoked beer from Bavaria:
    Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Märzen
    Drinking a rauchbier always makes me wish I had a nice piece of rye bread on the side. Liquid sandwich!

Quote Originally Posted by Amon-Rukh View Post
    Drinking a rauchbier always makes me wish I had a nice piece of rye bread on the side. Liquid sandwich!
    Yeah, haha! That would be a good pairing...

Bombardier

I just tried the English beer Bombardier, I was really impressed.

Just had a solid conversation with the owner of st Andre about knives. He's new to this world, but intelligent about the concepts and terms. The other half of the conversation, focused on beer, was interesting.

i drink mostly big beers (i drink water all day so i want theb good stuff when im not working )
    wheyerbocker , dogfish head , troges, stone, avery,

i am lucky as i have a local pub with 35 taps adn only 2 of them are monster beers (bud lite and one other that rotates)
    BTW easton PA is not far from the ECG and they have a saterday AM brew tour ( just saying )

Saw a couple references to Stone. I would like to add my support as well. Great brewery that takes beer seriously, while having a good time with it. My favorite is the Arrogant Bastard Ale. From the label:

This is an aggressive ale. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territory–maybe something with a multi-million dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you it’s made in a little brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless fizzy yellow beverage will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multi-million dollar ad campaigns make things taste better. Perhaps you’re mouthing your words as you read this.

At Stone Brewing, we believe that pandering to the lowest common denominator represents the height of tyranny - a virtual form of keeping the consumer barefoot and stupid. Brought forth upon an unsuspecting public in 1997, Arrogant Bastard Ale openly challenged the tyrannical overlords who were brazenly attempting to keep Americans chained in the shackles of poor taste. As the progenitor of its style, Arrogant Bastard Ale has reveled in its unprecedented and uncompromising celebration of intensity. There have been many nods to Arrogant Bastard Ale…even outright attempts to copy it… but only one can ever embody the true nature of liquid Arrogance!

Stone brewery has a number of beers that I'll go for regularly (Russian Imperial stout when it's in season), and I've been to the brewery in San Diego.

Ommegang 3 philosophers is a standard celebration beer for me and some friends.

Celebrator from Ayinger is a good doppelbock IMO. Corsendonk is a nice Belgian once in a while.

Anyway, I don't usually go in for lighter tasting beers, and am not really a fan of IPAs.

Dos Equis Amber when I'm out. Shiner Bock draught if there is no Dos Equis. Tsingtao and Sapporo are good. Anchor Steam on tap is good.

My favorite so far is Full Sail Amber.

After reading the replies I think I need to join a beer tasting club!

David

I am lucky enough to live within 20 minutes of Three Floyds Brewery, which is easily my favorite. My buddy recently went to Dark Lord day and I was able to score a bottle from him.

+ Reply to Thread