kramer on top chef

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumbaa

Reaction score
They had to sharpen a knife and knife skills and winner gets a Kramer

Custom $4000 knife Kramer was on there cutting rope

The sharpening techniques from some the chefs is scary

The wifey and I had a late dinner at Next in Chicago and saw the Executive Chef sharpening his Nenox Suji on quite possibly the most dished stone I have ever seen. Just because you can cook has absolutely nothing to do with your knife sharpening skills.

just new tonight so no. I will watch the next showing in 10 min..

Well, as I suck at both cookng and sharpening it is good to know that I apparently have some degree of balance in my life that is lacking in the lives of others. :lol2:
The wifey and I had a late dinner at Next in Chicago and saw the Executive Chef sharpening his Nenox Suji on quite possibly the most dished stone I have ever seen. Just because you can cook has absolutely nothing to do with your knife sharpening skills.

Had to go to the bathroom right when it came on. got distracted on the way back, and low and behold I missed it at 10 min in.

went looking for the repeat time this would be on and found this.

[video]http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/season-10/videos/behind-the-kitchen-door-kramer-knives[/video]

something new from him.

Last edited:
I was watching this tonight thinking "everyone on this forum would love to take part in this challenge!".

But then I thought we'd all be too OCD about it and would be finding cardboard or phone books to strop on while all the ****** wire edges or big burrs push cut that paper and we all lost.

i think most of us here would pretty much beat those guys at sharpening. =D

The stones said Kramer on the side. I think they were double sided, black and white.

i think it's those glass stone knock offs that has bob kramer's name on them.

After the sharpening debacle the final skills task was breaking down a rabbit. One guy asks "how the f do you break down a rabbit?" Other guy says "just like a cat" ROFLMAO. Don't kniow that that will make the reruns...

What does bald eagle taste like? Kinda like California condor but a bit less gamey. :biggrin:
After the sharpening debacle the final skills task was breaking down a rabbit. One guy asks "how the f do you break down a rabbit?" Other guy says "just like a cat" ROFLMAO. Don't kniow that that will make the reruns...

That's so weird, watched the first episode tonight on the pvr and all they did was select those moving on to Seattle, 4 different challenges from 4 judges and those selected move on, but that was the end of the episode, nothing more. I was expecting this Kramer challenge but nothing.

Are we an episode behind or something here in Canada? Don't think I missed anything. Weird.

Holy crap that's crazy, how is it that we are so far behind? Despite it being on my pvr it was a "new" episode that was only recorded from the day before. Damn lol

Honestly I kind of thought that since this season is in Seattle that it would only make since to have Bob Kramer on as guest judge. But then I thought better of it because naturally it would have to some sort of knife/sharpening challenge which to me just sounded senseless. I thought for Sure that any chef who makes the cut onto the show MUST know how to sharpen a knife!? Man, I was Way wrong.
But IMHO, one of the best quick fire prizes Ever. Lucky bastard.

Back